• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TKI Belt drive on a Timberlake's aro 120?

R
Nov 19, 2019
Has anyone tried this modification with a 2018 Aro Timbesled and what did you think? Seems like it would improve the Timbersled, and the newer TKI says it has the wider belt that's improved? Please let me know I'm looking for ways modify my set up. I can't afford the newer models and want to focus on rotating mass. Could someone who is experienced in modding the aro set up send me in the right direction? Any help would be great. Thanks

SuperchargedWS6

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2010
I love the narrow chain case on the ARO vs older kits. Gives more room on the pegs. Curious to hear how this kit affects that.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

R
Nov 19, 2019
I'm trying to change the title of this post but oh well. Yes I want to here all the good and bad. Maybe I can spend my money better.

M
Sep 18, 2015
I've had the chance to ride a few TKI belt driven TS's and they are phenomenal. If you can make it work, do it. You will not regret it. It's a wider belt (36mm, the same they use on the Polaris belt drives). I'll ride my ARO 137 LE stock this year, then throw in a TKI belt drive next season.

cbc76am

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2016
Bothell WA
I've got it on my Riot. It does bump out much wider than the chain drive. Rolling resistance is better, not hugely, but a bit better. Most noticeable improvement is the lack of chain lag when getting on and off the gas. Unless your chains are super tight, that little bump on chain slack always bothered the **** out of me. the belt helped a lot to get rid of that. I'm tossing some TKI 9" wheels on next. As you can see here the break in blue wax is just coming off after 60 miles. I'm expecting to see a bit faster rolling as the belt settles into it's running worn state. My boot only tapped it once so far... So i'm okay with the width. Do be careful... the ribs machined into the case are razor sharp, I shredded my finger tips just wiping snow off it.

PXL_20201127_170131711.jpg

cbc76am

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2016
Bothell WA
yes less vibration, but not much... no change in sound really. I grind down the primary chain slider to get the drive line straighter. I'd like to try a 15/18 without a slider but it was a bit too much work for me to want to tackle this season so far.

Premium Features