• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tki belt drive for aro 3

R
Nov 25, 2018
Was thinking about getting a tki belt drive for a aro 3 timbersled. Wondering about the pros and cons do the belts last as long as the chains?

Lachoneus

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2009
Was thinking about getting a tki belt drive for a aro 3 timbersled. Wondering about the pros and cons do the belts last as long as the chains?
NO WAY, belts do NOT last as long as chains....but they are lighter; much easier to try different gearing combinations with (with different top/bottom sprockets); and their proponents will claim more efficiency and less rolling resistance, etc. I have ran both and don't really have a strong opinion either way, just passing along what I think. ).

R
Nov 25, 2018
NO WAY, belts do NOT last as long as chains....but they are lighter; much easier to try different gearing combinations with (with different top/bottom sprockets); and their proponents will claim more efficiency and less rolling resistance, etc. I have ran both and don't really have a strong opinion either way, just passing along what I think. ).
Thanks

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Belts last just as long as a HYVO chain in the correct application , if your skid has to much flexing it will of course blow a belt .
Belts totally got a bad rap from poor manufacturing of the skid flexing . Big tank turbo sleds have no problem with a good secondary belt .

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
The current yeti we have had zero issues for 100s and 100s of engine hours... now we did not have issues with good chains on other brands either... but i did replace chain case chains before I have to replace belts currently..

Sent from my SM-F900U using Tapatalk

Premium Features