• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

timdersled snowbike kit

F
Sep 13, 2010
just wondering how good the kit works compared to a sled on hard packed or powder etc etc. what kind of a sled would you compare it to? (long, short, 600 or 800)? stuff like that. anyone know about some new vids of it, not just the vids on their web site. want to buy one this winter, just wants some info about it.

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
I get asked this all the time. I used to ask Allen this ?? all the time and he would just sigh when I would ask and just said come up and ride it and you will see for yourself.

After I have been on it I can see it's hard to compare it to a sled.

On the hardpan trail it handles the bumps well but it's not at home. It likes to get the ski on the edge and cut and carve or if you like the hit the berms hard and race your friends on the twisty trail that is a blast as well. Most times I found myself on the vertical bank wall above or below the trail just goofing or when there was a switchback we would just fly off the trail and weeve our way up the hill and trees without hitting most the trail were the trees were to tight for the sled. So in short it does well on the hardpan and powder trails but it likes to boondock and that it does very well. So the best way I can say this is you can't compare it to a sled it just goes in places a sled can't. Now take a 300hp turbo and yes it can go up a chute the bike may be able to go but it's going to get there much faster. If you like doing 90mph across the lakes or ridge tops then the bike is not for you but if you like to boondock in the most crazy places then the bike is for you. Hopefully the guys that got the bikes will soon be putting some crazy tracks into the sidehills and there will be allot of "WTF made it across that sidehill" remarks.

It took Allen forever to break out the camera and get some good vids in fact he had been on the bikes for 2 months before I made the trip out there and insisted after I rode it that only a demo ride or a vid could do justice to were this contraption was able to go so in short there is no more fresh footage that I know of and it's hard to get footage that shows how steep the terrain was in the trees.

F
Sep 13, 2010
thanks. i`d loved to come and try it, but i live in Norway you see, so its a bit too far. but do you know how long the delivery time is? hope`d to get an answer today, if its to long i`m gone pick upp a new sled today maybe

M
Nov 27, 2007
Houston, TX
On the trail/hardpack, how does the bike compare to riding on a motocross track? After practice and learning to trust the bike, can you lay it over in a hardpack corner and rail around it? Can you skim whooped out trails like you can do whoops on dirt?

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
They look really nice for the deep snow but I bet the 2moto would perform much better on the track.

Next winter FrozenMOTO Industries will be releasing our new kit to the market as well. Its a jump in between. More track than a 2moto and much better and unique suspension than both 2moto and the Timbersled (at least for its intended purpose).

Basically I love to jump and go fast so that what I had in mind the entire engineering process. Six years later and 9 prototypes I have finally landed on a design that I see fit(I know I have high standards:D).

As for pics of our product(I get asked a lot) you will have to wait until spring or early summer as patent reasons keep us from showing ANYBODY.

M
Nov 27, 2007
Houston, TX
...better and unique suspension than both 2moto and the Timbersled (at least for its intended purpose)...

So are you saying your kit is designed more for the "motocross" type of riding?

It's exciting to see so many of these kits coming out; competition forces companies to make the best products and keep improving:tea:

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
Yes it is much more motocross/cross over. We could have made a snocross only kit and we may in the future as it is already designed based off our suspension system(nobody in the industries of snow vehicles uses anything like it to our knowledge) but that would have made it pretty useless in any powder so we went for a crossover. Not to much track that it cant turn but enough to get you on top of the snow(at least until it gets to deep).

I am actually the engineer behind our kit and I made it to be the most universal and rugged(meaning you can jump it far without worries of it breaking or you breaking) with lots of adjustable where you need it. It should also be a little lighter than the competition and with our current setup looks like different mount kits will run about $250 and it will mount to just about anything with a chain drive!

All of these spec have a possibility of changing but for now this is what the are.

As far as competitive goes I agree completely. It also drives cost down and boost the sports awareness.

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
Just interested if anybody knows whats up with 2moto. They were updating their site and doing a lot of demos and I haven't head a peep out of them since spring. Didn't get to go to any snow shows have they been around or what!

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
I think that some that have not been around the Mountain Horse are thinking that the back suspension and track suck up the HP. It's an eye opener when we start racing them on a track. Derrick Driggs has a 2-moto and now a MH. He has a lot more time on his 2-moto. He is seconds faster every lap on the MH. It is simply do to how good the back suspension is and how will the keeps its lines and how well the power is transfered to the ground. This makes him faster down the whoops and faster into each corner.
I find it crazy that some are comparing there product to the Timbersled product and making claims and assumptions about a product without comparing the two head to head and having snow time on a Timbersled product.

The Timbersled kit may not be setting any land speed records but Allen has spent allot of time and money getting this product to the snow let alone the patent cost to make sure this kit is the best of all worlds from the Mountains to the track it does it all and does it very well!!

Last edited:
F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
I think that some that have not been around the Mountain Horse are thinking that the back suspension and track suck up the HP. It's an eye opener when we start racing them on a track. Derrick Driggs has a 2-moto and now a MH. He has a lot more time on his 2-moto. He is seconds faster every lap on the MH. It is simply do to how good the back suspension is and how will the keeps its lines and how well the power is transfered to the ground. This makes him faster down the whoops and faster into each corner.
I find it crazy that some are comparing there product to the Timbersled product and making claims without the time comparing the two head to head and having snow time on a Timbersled product.

The Timbersled kit may not be setting any land speed records but Allen has spent allot of time and money getting this product to the snow let alone the patent cost to make sure this kit is the best of all worlds from the Mountains to the track it does it all!!

Hope you were not referring to me. I can see that Timbersled has a great mountain product. But with all that rotating weight its not good for two strokes is all I was saying(our kit is the same, you can not get rid of track and drive weight, at least not much of it). The 2moto is more than likely worse off because of the TINY drivers in the rear and even smaller idlers up front. From my test this is the biggest cause of power loss on these kits.

In fact I was comparing it to our kit which is far from a 2moto or a Timbersled. We went with a whole different approach for our product!

But mountian products dont TEND to do good on the trail could you agree with that!

I would actually like to ride one of the Timbersleds kits but I dont know how that works being the competitor?

I also no all about patent cost which is why I cant SHOW you all what I am talking about. Patents at this point are by far the most expensive part of the whole program.

I can however ducted from my reasoning of how and what is needed for snowmobiles to work in different conditions. Our product is build with most conditions in mind with an emphasis on large impacts and big air as well as high speed with like I said enough track to get in deep and have some fun.

Most of what I know about the Timbersled is what I have seen in the vids and have studied there suspension. It regards to jumping and high speed I our kit is designed to tackle them with ease. I have also watched the videos of them jumping and running out of suspension at about 5 feet in the air.

As far as I know I am the only one comparing products so I assume you were talking to me. I dont think I was doing anything wrong in what I said? At any rate it will be interested to see how the sport evolves.

I would also like to comment that when our product is ready I would love to do a head to head in a variety of different settings, snocross, climbing, boondocking, trail, jumping, balance and whatever else we could come up with.

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
FrozenMOTO..

When will you have your units available for demo rides...I'd like to check it out as well.

It is good to see other product come out.

When do you plan on mass production units avail for sale?

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
FrozenMOTO..

When will you have your units available for demo rides...I'd like to check it out as well.

It is good to see other product come out.

When do you plan on mass production units avail for sale?

Late this winter or early spring is the soonest for PUBLIC demo's and they may be limited( you may need to make reservations) as we wont have a bunch of kits. We are trying VERY hard to keep our overhead low so that we can keep are end sale prices low. We realize that the economy is bad and would like for to keep our cost down so that are kits are somewhat affordable.

Im not sure as far as MASS production. We wont be making a HUGE lot at one time unless we get a bunch of spring snowchecks. It will be more of build as we go sort of thing involving many smaller runs, unless of course we get alot of snowchecks in which case we will do a large run.

Overall this is the best way we have found to keep cost low and insure that we can stay in business in the bad economy.

Premium Features