• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

throttle options that don't pack with snow

T

Toad face killah

Sep 27, 2010
Lake Almanor, Ca
Powder riding is my absolute favorite. but every year in the deep snow, I end up with a partially stuck open throttle because snow is so packed between throttle and the block. Does anyone make a unit that is designed better than Polaris' stock throttle unit? or maybe one that is heated?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Powder riding is my absolute favorite. but every year in the deep snow, I end up with a partially stuck open throttle because snow is so packed between throttle and the block. Does anyone make a unit that is designed better than Polaris' stock throttle unit? or maybe one that is heated?

skinz

T

Toad face killah

Sep 27, 2010
Lake Almanor, Ca
I see that skinz has a differently designed block for a decent price. The problem is they don't do a good job selling it or explaining why its better. Does it truly keep snow from packing in with its "Split" design? why couldn't they heat it like they do their expensive heated break lever?

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
Munster finger throttle doesn't hold anything. If you don't want to use it as a finger throttle it works pretty good as a thumb throttle as well

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
You might know this already, but keeping your grip heaters off will help reduce buildup. Also, I haven't tried a Teflon spray, but have heard of guys using it. Dupont makes a Teflon snow and ice repellent that may work well. I'll probably give it a try this year.

Premium Features