• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Throttle free play ?

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
Anyone know what the free play at the throttle leaver should be set at on a 2020 850 ? I fond that my adjuster was loose and I now have close to a 1/4" of play.

Winshady

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 16, 2019
Northern California
Anyone know what the free play at the throttle leaver should be set at on a 2020 850 ? I fond that my adjuster was loose and I now have close to a 1/4" of play.

I noticed that I was not getting full throttle in the stock setup. Pull the throttle all the way open then push the throttle cable between the perch and the thumb lever and you’ll see what I mean. Probably another 1/8” of cable pulls out. I actually ran out of adjustment on the adjuster by the bars.
I switched to a Munster finger throttle and now I can use all my throttle. But now I need to run a kill tether as the Munster removes the throttle safety switch (TSS).

the reason the stock setup needs so much slack in the line is for the TSS to work and allow a small margin for snow and ice to build up on the throttle block.

Premium Features