• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thoughts / questions on selling?

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Hey Guys,

So I put my 2021 Khaos "Special K" up for sale due to a season ending injury. I have it listed on here and on facebook but I'm not a huge facebook guy!! LOL

Thought it might be a good discussion to bring up or talk about what others have used for making a sale? Thoughts or suggestions on sites guys have used for selling or other ideas??

Here's the link to the listing on here,

Pass it along and anyone who leads me to sale.......I'll treat them right!!!

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Mountain sledder swapmeet is a great thing but there are TONs of sleds on there. Your sled has to stand out to sell... and a turbo or wrap doesn't make your sled stand out, half of the sleds posted have both. Its gotta be cheap, or its gonna be tough to move.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I think at that price point everybody’s waiting to see what comes out in the new model year.

Truthfully the season has turned the corner.

I always buy high and sell low, I never get stuck with anything.

Price is your main hangup currently.

Mods like a wrap and low seat change the looks so the pool of automatically interested buyers shrinks.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
My 2 cents. If that sled was a new chassis at that price point it probably would have moved by now. But anybody with that kind of coin to spend on something that isn’t “brand new” is waiting in hopes that 2022 brings a matryx rmk. And we all know what that does to the price of the previous generation...

P
Jan 31, 2010
Klamath Falls, OR.
I agree with everyone else. Your sled is super nice. Expensive additions. But it’s still “used” and it costs more than a new sled. The new models will be coming out and the bottom is going to fall out of all the Axys’ for sale. Plus the season is ending for a lot of people due to garbage snow in a lot of areas. You are gonna probably have to take a pretty big hit unfortunately. You could pull the aftermarket stuff and put it back to stock and sell the aftermarket parts to make up some of the difference .

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
At this point I would ride it next year. A matryx rmk isn't going to help you. You will be healthy for next season. The only thing the matryx will have over yours is a narrow tank and seat a cut tunnel. Throw another 1800 at it and get the skinz tank. It's narrower than the matryx will be. Otherwise take what you can off and sell it and take your beating on a used sled. Then take your beating on next years sled that realistically won't be better than what you have. Just a matter of how many beatings you are willing to take.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Hey Guys,

So I put my 2021 Khaos "Special K" up for sale due to a season ending injury. I have it listed on here and on facebook but I'm not a huge facebook guy!! LOL

Thought it might be a good discussion to bring up or talk about what others have used for making a sale? Thoughts or suggestions on sites guys have used for selling or other ideas??

Here's the link to the listing on here,

Pass it along and anyone who leads me to sale.......I'll treat them right!!!
Kinda funny - you asked for everyone's opinion on how to sell it and what you got was a bunch of comments on why it won't sell. I'm 250 miles from Salt Lake City but ksl.com has the best classified ads anywhere and I have sold most of my sleds on there even though it's so far away. I've sold a couple on craigslist but it certainly isn't very good and I've never gotten one to sell on mountain sledder swapmeet - mostly all bottom feeders on there. KSL has been the best for me .... I've never tried this forum and from the amount of criticism you are getting I probably won't LOL!

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Have sold five used sleds on craigslist over the past 10 years, usually within a week or two of posting in the fall. And a four place enclosed sled trailer. Good pictures and lots of them, detail description of the sleds. Fair prices, were not fire sales or priced at top of market. My sleds were clean, well maintained, fully functional. Never tried to sell one in the spring. Seems like alot of used sleds flip here in the fall, of course. Don't discount SW too much. Given weird vid demand, surprised this didn't move already, despite the poor snow conditions in many parts.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
My 2 cents. If that sled was a new chassis at that price point it probably would have moved by now. But anybody with that kind of coin to spend on something that isn’t “brand new” is waiting in hopes that 2022 brings a matryx rmk. And we all know what that does to the price of the previous generation...
While it may not be "brand new" with the new chassis but new chassis or "new' sleds are not even out?? 50 miles, still in break in, is about as close as you can get to a brand new sled that we all know works well. Plus I have looked around at some dealers with similar sleds and they are priced higher.

Another consideration that I know some guys will be thinking, is do they want the "brand new" chassis or platform?? I know some guys avoid first year models and some guys flock to them. I guess that's another reason why the sport stays exiting and moving forward.

Last edited:

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
At this point I would ride it next year. A matryx rmk isn't going to help you. You will be healthy for next season. The only thing the matryx will have over yours is a narrow tank and seat a cut tunnel. Throw another 1800 at it and get the skinz tank. It's narrower than the matryx will be. Otherwise take what you can off and sell it and take your beating on a used sled. Then take your beating on next years sled that realistically won't be better than what you have. Just a matter of how many beatings you are willing to take.

Well, that's kinda the issue, it's looking like next year I may have to deal with another friggin medical issue that would leave me sitting out next season too.........

So, yes normally sit on it and ride it but I can't hardly let a sled sit for two seasons.

I do appreciate all the input you guys have posted but the sled should probably go, so pass on the information and I'm open to offers!!

Thanks guys!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Kinda funny - you asked for everyone's opinion on how to sell it and what you got was a bunch of comments on why it won't sell. I'm 250 miles from Salt Lake City but ksl.com has the best classified ads anywhere and I have sold most of my sleds on there even though it's so far away. I've sold a couple on craigslist but it certainly isn't very good and I've never gotten one to sell on mountain sledder swapmeet - mostly all bottom feeders on there. KSL has been the best for me .... I've never tried this forum and from the amount of criticism you are getting I probably won't LOL!

Sounds like you need thicker skin. ?

OP,
Craigslist has always worked well for me. (Sold 8 sleds in the last 6 years but I’ve never had any luck at a premium price)

I don’t do Facebook.

Every time I’ve started with a premium price I’ve ended up selling lower than I thought reasonable.

Every time I’ve started with reasonable the sled has moved right away. (At or close to the initial price)

Just my experience.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
If you have a transferable warranty - and I didn't see it mentioned but likely missed it - I'd guess you'd sell it for 15-16k US after snocheck closes, and by early fall. Someone is gonna miss snoheck, dither on pulling the trigger, price on the Matryx RMK shelled someone out, some young gun gets a new job, etc. Make the warranty loud and clear, particularly after snocheck closes. It's timing right now, not price.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Bisman Online? Don’t know if it still a thing, but used to look for used sleds on there all the time.

I know you didn’t ask for anyones input on price, but I still think think you're about 2k too high. You’re really gonna run into issues IF Polaris come out with a Matryx Turbo and a guy can snowcheck one for 16k, which is very likely IMO. I totally agree with Indy500 that you would have a much easier time selling if an all new sled wasn’t about to come out. Time of year is tough too.

The only “Mods” I’ve found that really increase the value of a sled are high end shock and/or a turbo. Even then a combination of the 2 is only worth a few thousand, if that.

Last edited:
P
Jan 31, 2010
Klamath Falls, OR.
I have always just used Craigslist with good results. You will get lots of low offers. But normally people come a long that are reasonable. Someone mentioned the wrap being an issue. I think that goes both ways. I have sold three sleds with wraps and the wraps sold them for me. Your wrap is very specific though, so that could hurt you. I personally think your sled is awesome. But I would pull the wrap because it is so specific.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Kijiji is a huge platform for private buying/selling up here....is it a "thing" down there? It's my go-to if I don't feel like the brain damage incurred from selling things on Facebook Marketplace. It's similar to Craigslist but less janky.

That all said....FB marketplace is the fastest moving medium for buy/sell items such as a sled these days.

S
Dec 30, 2007
SD
Bisman Online? Don’t know if it still a thing, but used to look for used sleds on there all the time.

I know you didn’t ask for anyones input on price, but I still think think you're about 2k too high. You’re really gonna run into issues IF Polaris come out with a Matryx Turbo and a guy can snowcheck one for 16k, which is very likely IMO. I totally agree with Indy500 that you would have a much easier time selling if an all new sled wasn’t about to come out. Time of year is tough too.

The only “Mods” I’ve found that really increase the value of a sled are high end shock and/or a turbo. Even then a combination of the 2 is only worth a few thousand, if that.

Bisman is still going. Haven't been there lately as I don't get a lot of miles on anymore.
Like how you slid your ad and a link right into the Polaris forum, I don't think I would get away with that;)

Premium Features