• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thoughts on the Student Loan Bailout . . ?

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
Totally agree. There’s a boatload of things that should come first. Why in the world would we pay off students loans? They went into knowing they would have to pay it back. It’s not fair to all the parents and students who paid theirs back. Not fair to those kids who couldn’t go to college because they couldn’t afford it. Not fair to the tax payers and the list goes on and on.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
When this 'student loan forgiveness' nonsense started I said to my wife....Wait until winter. Utility bill forgiveness is coming.
Mark my words.

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
Thats quite the crock of BULL S$%T, all this is doing is breeding truely lazy people that will always have their hand out and cry and stomp their feet like a 2yr old until they get their way. Just look north to Canada where im from, Natives always have their hand out and the govt gives everytime. No way how to teach somebody to be a part of society and survive in the real world. Also not F@#&ing right to screw everyone in the past who did it right and paid their way.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
They just don't give a ****, they eat their own when their not screwing them. When you see a young girl in their early teens carrying a child don't mistake that for a baby sitter.

But we don't talk about that

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Told ya , they eat their own . So who presses charges ?

Natives that get put on a no fly zone up here have to do something really bad to be put on a plane never to come back and of course where do those planes take these people ?

papafinger1

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2007
minnesota
Regarding the Student Loan Bailout, I've got mixed feelings. On one hand, it's a relief for so many young folks burdened with insane amounts of debt just trying to get an education. On the other, I worry about the long-term implications and if it's sustainable.

I had to deal with student loan relief. In 2022, my trucking business was swimming in red, and on top of that, I had a mound of personal debt. Filing for bankruptcy felt like my only option. I got in touch with a San Diego bankruptcy attorney who not only guided me through the process but also took advantage of the student loan relief for me. It drastically cut down what I owed.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Regarding the Student Loan Bailout, I've got mixed feelings. On one hand, it's a relief for so many young folks burdened with insane amounts of debt just trying to get an education. On the other, I worry about the long-term implications and if it's sustainable.

I had to deal with student loan relief. In 2022, my trucking business was swimming in red, and on top of that, I had a mound of personal debt. Filing for bankruptcy felt like my only option. I got in touch with a San Diego bankruptcy attorney who not only guided me through the process but also took advantage of the student loan relief for me. It drastically cut down what I owed.

Its all life choices, what was your student loan for? Not to be a ahole but was it a business degree?

Too many youngsters go to school for a year or two and decide this isn’t for them, they dont stick with it, or they choose a career path thats hard to break into.
I was kinda one of those youngsters, I had no interest in college.
I drove truck for almost 3 years, I seen how the industry was going with regulations, cut throat freight, the next step would of been my own truck and company. Got out before I really got into it, I seen that you will never get out of trucking, that you put in into it. I ended up in the trades, and moved to a location with a very high trade demand.

I feel more guidance when kids are younger is important, I received more advice, and guidance when I was out of school than when I was in it. Youngsters need to be exposed to all aspects of careers before they graduate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

papafinger1

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2007
minnesota
Its all life choices, what was your student loan for? Not to be a ahole but was it a business degree?

Too many youngsters go to school for a year or two and decide this isn’t for them, they dont stick with it, or they choose a career path thats hard to break into.
I drove truck for almost 3 years, I seen how the industry was going with regulations, cut throat freight, the next step would of been my own truck and company. Got out before I really got into it, I seen that you will never get out of trucking, that you put in into it. I ended up in the trades, and moved to a location with a very high trade demand.

I feel more guidance when kids are younger is important, I received more advice, and guidance when I was out of school than when I was in it. Youngsters need to be exposed to all aspects of careers before they graduate.

Yeah, you're right. I went for a business degree from the University of Chicago.

I stuck with my decision and got my bachelor's. It was a ride, but no regrets.

K
Nov 16, 2022
France

This is an important and challenging task that I have personally faced. Getting rid of student loan debt can be difficult. When I started learning about this I started pay for essay writing, used https://ca.edubirdie.com/pay-for-essay-writing for this. There was simply not enough time for this and that. It was necessary to somehow get out. This is a long-term process that will require effort and patience.

Looks interesting :unsure:

Last edited:
M
Oct 23, 2023
USA
While I can see the merits of a student loan bailout, I also feel it might not seem entirely fair to those who've diligently paid off their loans over the years. Responsibility for our decisions is important, and there's a concern that debt forgiveness might affect how some students perceive the value of education and personal responsibility for their future.

Premium Features