• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thoughts on doing a Khaos with a 163?

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Just figured I would bump this and see how many guys are converting an XL Khaos (163) ??!?!?!?!

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
Just figured I would bump this and see how many guys are converting an XL Khaos (163) ??!?!?!?!

A rather large group of people! We have been pumping out khaos 163 rails steady for the last 4 weeks and working our tails off to keep up with demand. From 163 stretches, 155 bombers, and even 146 bombers, the demand is real!

People are very excited about this platform and we are working tirelessly to be able to help guys build exactly what they want out of it.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
iceage..
I emailed a few weeks back but no reply so far...
Do you know if your 2 wheel antistab will work on the khaos 2 strap limiter to replace the limit strap shaft?
I'd like to run the 2 wheel kit so that when the hyfax wear down it doesnt wear on the hyfax screw.
WIll 4 wheel work too?
thanks..

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
iceage..
Do you know if your 2 wheel antistab will work on the khaos 2 strap limiter to replace the limit strap shaft?
I'd like to run the 2 wheel kit so that when the hyfax wear down it doesnt wear on the hyfax screw.
WIll 4 wheel work too?
thanks..

Have mine all done now and works great!

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
ak you mean you did the antistab 2 wheel for the limit strap shaft?pic if possible?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
For those who own a AXYS and especially those who came from Doo, try adjusting the front skid shock before complaining about the AXYS feeling planted. These sleds are like no other for small adjustments producing huge results regarding handling. With just 2 turns tighter of the spring on the skid shock these sleds can feel way lighter and out of control if you go too far. My Doo's of the past felt like there was no change from one end of the spring adjustment to the other. Not downplaying the Khaos but try this before you think you need a Khaos. You may have to loosen the rear skid too as both shocks combined handle the riders weight, not just the rear. A change only in the front can result in a harsher ride.

Last edited:
M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
If you plan on using the Khaos for what it is intended, then the 163 kind of goes against that.. I'd just ride it stock until warranty is up, cutting the tunnel sounds fun until your engine blows and you are left with the bill because Polaris says your modified/tampered with the cooling system, too bad so sad.

Should be an awesome sled, ride it stock.. then go from there. My opinion is, I doubt it needs much or any work to make it more fun than it already is.

But I know some guys just love spending money.. so go for it.. see if i care. lol.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
iceage..
WIll 4 wheel work too?
thanks..
Emailed a few weeks ago, no reply, no phone number on site, musta went out of business or somethin

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Emailed a few weeks ago, no reply, no phone number on site, musta went out of business or somethin

you guys both know that (wheel house Motorsports) is nick donovan of ice age performance?

he answered on this thread that the 2 wheel anti stab works great?

also akfullthrottle (an ice age dealer) attested the same?

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT

On the contrary. Just went live with a new site which has a few holes in it hence the phone number missing, working on keeping track of things on as many fronts as possible right now. Also unfortunately our main sales/customer service employee moved onto a new career path so emails and phones are a bit overwhelming right now. We are doing are best to reach out to everyone on every front but we are in the midst of a sales season like we have never seen before.

As for the Khaos limiter strap on anti stab, Yes, it works perfectly. They dual limiter straps do taper in slightly to the inside of each wheel, but due to the profiling of our center shaft they cannot slide out and drag on the anti stab wheels. If you want when placing an order you can call in and we will pre-cut the rails for the anti stab on the mill so they are perfect and radius. Its a $25 fee but ensures you get exactly what you want right out of the box.

The 155-163 khaos build is insanely popular as well as the regular RMK version as well. If you are thinking on it, please do it sooner then later as we are cranking as hard as we can to get product to customers but lead times are on the rise as demand continues to grow. We are expanding our machining team to help keep up with demand but with the season fast approaching, better to be in front then the back of the line.

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Here’s my best guess of priorities as a sled parts business.

1 large repeat customers (dealers, WPS etc. )

2 walk in customers

3 call in customers (actually buying not just looking for information)

4 orders through the site (paid)

5 email orders

6 email inquiries

7 inquiries through the website.

8 social media inquiries

it may seem like you aren’t getting the attention you want but often the reality is there isn’t enough hours in the day to make everyone happy. (Especially during the fall rush)

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
On the contrary. Just went live with a new site which has a few holes in it hence the phone number missing, working on keeping track of things on as many fronts as possible right now. Also unfortunately our main sales/customer service employee moved onto a new career path so emails and phones are a bit overwhelming right now. We are doing are best to reach out to everyone on every front but we are in the midst of a sales season like we have never seen before.

As for the Khaos limiter strap on anti stab, Yes, it works perfectly. They dual limiter straps do taper in slightly to the inside of each wheel, but due to the profiling of our center shaft they cannot slide out and drag on the anti stab wheels. If you want when placing an order you can call in and we will pre-cut the rails for the anti stab on the mill so they are perfect and radius. Its a $25 fee but ensures you get exactly what you want right out of the box.

The 155-163 khaos build is insanely popular as well as the regular RMK version as well. If you are thinking on it, please do it sooner then later as we are cranking as hard as we can to get product to customers but lead times are on the rise as demand continues to grow. We are expanding our machining team to help keep up with demand but with the season fast approaching, better to be in front then the back of the line.
I see a phone number at the very bottom of your page now, thanks. Maybe it was there before and I hadn’t seen it !

Xgraphite

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2008
Idaho
I placed an order yesterday for rails to stretch mine out to a 163. Now I’m waiting on the sled!

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
ak you mean you did the antistab 2 wheel for the limit strap shaft?pic if possible?

As said, yep it works great! Each strap comes in slightly to the middle due to the bevel of the 2 wheel kit.

Attachments

• 20190925_212424.jpg
    20190925_212424.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 74

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
What keeps the straps located so they don't migrate out to the small wheels over time?
...They dual limiter straps do taper in slightly to the inside of each wheel, but due to the profiling of our center shaft they cannot slide out and drag on the anti stab wheels...

2_wheel_anti_stab2.jpg

Premium Features