• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thoughts on doing a Khaos with a 163?

M

Mr. Redrock

Nov 26, 2007
Thinking about snow checking if I cant find a good deal on a 2019.
Just was thinking how would the new Khaos do with 163 iceage rails and 2.6 track with a pump gas (ish) turbo?

A more playful 163?
Didn't now if it is worth the work to switch the 155 to 163, if there is that much more benefit.
I see Skidoo is doing shorter tunnels now.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
I was surprised to see that they didn't do a shorty tunnel since one of their top promoters favors the shorty. It'll be interesting to see what Burandt does.

M

Mr. Redrock

Nov 26, 2007
I was thinking the same thing. Would like to find out exactly what all of the differences are between it and the RMK.

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I would have preferred a 163 khaos but oh well. Can't really go wrong with a 'standard' or khaos either way.

Matthew runge

Goldy
Premium Member
Oct 5, 2018
Minnesota
I just think it looks sweet. Also any weight reduction is welcome and less snow drag and I have even heard of even higher track speeds because of less snow being recycled through the tunnel and less snow being carried through the skid

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Would guess the rails are different, so you wont be able to just bolt up any 163 rails and still have the benefits you are paying for with the Khaos package.

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
We need to get our hands on a factory 155 rail to model up a replacement and stretched version but we will have them available as SOON as we can get our hands on one. We are really excited to get our hands on a khaos.

The short tunnel setup isn't some insane life changing mod, but it definitely helps keep the sled going before getting stuck especially when trenched in and turning out. Less drag = more go.

M

Mr. Redrock

Nov 26, 2007
Sounds good. I like my 163 but wish it handled a little more like the 155 especially when turning out of a climb. And if it was more playful that would be awesome.

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
We need to get our hands on a factory 155 rail to model up a replacement and stretched version but we will have them available as SOON as we can get our hands on one. We are really excited to get our hands on a khaos.

The short tunnel setup isn't some insane life changing mod, but it definitely helps keep the sled going before getting stuck especially when trenched in and turning out. Less drag = more go.

Yeah, I'm very interested to see the new rails. That 1" of extra travel on the front skid arm sounds small but is actually really big.
Likely means a slightly steeper approach angle or a much higher risk of track stab if you leave it the same and push the rails into the track line. Steeper approach would explain the more "lively feel" as that's exactly what the doo rail has.

Maybe a compound curve on rails up front is where they got the extra travel. I'll be very curious to see the new setup as well.

OTM

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA

Any chance you could make an option with the Pro-Rmk approach angle with the new style front arm and center shock mounting location?

J
Dec 23, 2018
I love my new 850 RMK, but I must say the chassis feels pretty planted compared to my previous ski-doo. If the khaos can retain most of the predictability of my RMK with a bit of a playful side, I would be all over a 163 if they decide to make one in the future.

C
Feb 27, 2018
I’m in the same boat as you JB850. Been a Doo guy for a long time and this 19 RMK is my first Polaris. Front end feels very planted. Harder to get on edge then my Doo’s. Need to play around with some suspension adjustments.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
With a longer shock and limiter strap, it might not need a different rail?

If that is the case, a 163" in a 155" tunnel should be easy enough.

Sent fra min S60 via Tapatalk

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
I'd say a 163 Khaos is gonna rip. Those shocks if close to as good as a Raptor Kinetic (both are internal Bypass shocks). They will make a world of difference compared to the stock mono tubes or even the 1/2" clickers which honestly are ok. They work, but not if you jump at all.

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
Any chance you could make an option with the Pro-Rmk approach angle with the new style front arm and center shock mounting location?
Our existing Axys RMK kits should be able to bolt right up to the Khaos skid, We would just recommend putting the RMK limiter strap on it. You will also need to do some shock tuning as this obviously changes the preload on the shock etc.

We have already seen huge interest in the 163 Khaos builds and it is something at the front of our attention and will be getting worked on and ready hopefully before most guys see their snowchecks.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Polaris really missed the boat on this. A LOT of people want a 163 Khaos including me. Such an easy thing for them to build too. Leave the tunnel alone. Be a factory mod sled. But if you want one now you have to buy a track and rail and maybe few other bits. What’s that, $1800-2000 on top of a brand new sled. Maybe 2021! What’s funny is Polaris has the most options by far on snow check for colors and graphics lol, just not the good stuff.

Premium Features