• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

this new? cat still lookin at oneskis?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
It looks interesting. I think the snow type ish bike is the wave of the future. Unless it has more than one cylinder, it’ll never have enough power to do what it needs to do.

R
Dec 28, 2007
Dedicated Snowbike !

Been waiting for this .I have always said a big bore twin snowmobile engine in a dedicated snowbike chassis with the horsepower we want with a CVT or three speed would sell ! Count me in .

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I agree on the power. Would be fun to have a CVT driven bike with the power of the modern sleds IF it got the power to the track. I rode a stock 800 snowhawk back when they first came out and I remember being disappointed in the power. Have heard the Hawks move pretty good with mods though.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
600 ctek with alpha skid perhaps. And room for a PG turbo under the seat! Can you say seat warmers! My only concern...where does the hotdogger go?

tenacious84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 19, 2010
Please do it right and put the 600 ctek in it !

from the photos, it's a single cylinder, so it's not the 600 ctec. you can see the cylinder uses the same side-exhaust valves as used on the current 800 ctec and it's hard to imagine a single cylinder larger than the current one being produced, but who knows. obviously the other manufacturers have slightly larger cylinders and the cylinders from the 900 and 1000 cc twins where larger too, so we know it can be done. I'd just be surprised if this one was much larger than the current offering.

Last edited:

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
from the photos, it's a single cylinder, so it's not the 600 ctec. you can see the cylinder uses the same side-exhaust valves as used on the current 800 ctec and it's hard to imagine a single cylinder larger than the current one being produced, but who knows. obviously the other manufacturers have slightly larger cylinders and the cylinders from the 900 and 1000 cc twins where larger too, so we know it can be done. I'd just be surprised if this one was much larger than the current offering.

That patent is for chassis parts. They can stick a picture of any engine in there so I would not read to far into that part.

Z
Jan 26, 2011
True but they are talking light weight and low center of gravity which indicates a Two stroke and making the 800 into a 400 is pretty basic for Cat. They designed all there engines they got from Zuki by cutting and welding together to get the concepts to production. No they are just building them in St. Cloud.

Premium Features