• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

This is why were wrong to allow muslims into our great country

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Don't cite the extremist view as if that is the majority. I can find you a dozen instances in about 40 seconds showing a crazy Christian killing their kids, or doing something whack in the name of Jesus.

You are right but religion gets blamed and not the individual who is twisting their faith. Doesn't matter if we are talking Muslim, Christian or other.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Don't cite the extremist view as if that is the majority. I can find you a dozen instances in about 40 seconds showing a crazy Christian killing their kids, or doing something whack in the name of Jesus.

It would be interesting for the sake of the conversation to see what examples of such you can find that occurred in the past 20 years.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018

If it is a competition, I will take the bet. I can find 10 times the insanity surrounding the muslim faith than you can find surrounding the christian faith. One teaches violence and intolerance in their book, the other does not. If the majority has read the book, are not the majority complicit? Muslims are dangerous, to believe less is simply ignorant.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Someone should develope a motel reservation app that ensures you are reserving a room at a motel operated by people that are not muslims.

Edited in an attempt to prevent post from being removed.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Someone should develope a motel reservation app that ensures you are reserving a room at a motel operated by real people and not muslims.

This comment has sparked some rather INTENSE discussion in the moderator forum over what IS and what is NOT appropriate content for posting here on SnoWest.

This one reminds me all too much of classic WWII Anti-Semitism where the Jews were demonized as NON HUMANS and not "real people".

As Vet and a Patriot, I have DEEP ABIDING ISSUES with Islam, but we can't start stereotyping all Muslims as inhuman. That leads down a dark path that doesn't end well for anyone, and SnoWest is not going to part of that.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
This comment has sparked some rather INTENSE discussion in the moderator forum over what IS and what is NOT appropriate content for posting here on SnoWest.

This one reminds me all too much of classic WWII Anti-Semitism where the Jews were demonized as NON HUMANS and not "real people".

As Vet and a Patriot, I have DEEP ABIDING ISSUES with Islam, but we can't start stereotyping all Muslims as inhuman. That leads down a dark path that doesn't end well for anyone, and SnoWest is not going to part of that.

I can understand that, and try to stay inside the lines.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
The "real people" remark was meant in humor, but totally inappropriate without that clarification.
I apologize for the position this put the mod staff in.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
So, to be a Muslim you practice the teachings and follow the writings of the Quran, which is Islam. How can someone follow the Quran , be if the Muslim faith and not try to achieve the stated goals in the Quran. And how can those written goals possibly meld with the Christian society our country embraces ?
This is the slippery slope we are on, and we make it worse with our silly insistence on being politically correct on issues that , in the interests of preserving our culture, we should be taking a very hard line.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
picture.php

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
So, to be a Muslim you practice the teachings and follow the writings of the Quran, which is Islam. How can someone follow the Quran , be if the Muslim faith and not try to achieve the stated goals in the Quran. And how can those written goals possibly meld with the Christian society our country embraces ?
This is the slippery slope we are on, and we make it worse with our silly insistence on being politically correct on issues that , in the interests of preserving our culture, we should be taking a very hard line.

You seem to be able to say that with far more eloquence than I can.
My expressions tend to be a bit rough around the edges!

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
So are we going to start following the strict adherence of the Bible, from things like stoning adulterers? Granted, that's mostly old testament, but in the New Testament there's some darker sections too. People being struck dead for withholding their goods.

It's one thing to say you have issues with the Quaran if you've actually read it. Most people's knowledge of it is out of context & twisted to someones viewpoint. Just like the Bible.

There are extremists in all faiths (or sometimes lack thereof). There are good people in all faiths (or lack thereof). That's the point. And Chritianity may have been prominent in the minds of the founding fathers & much of the tradition of the last 300 years on this continent, but we have freedom of religion (and sometimes from religion), whatever it may be, for a reason.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So are we going to start following the strict adherence of the Bible, from things like stoning adulterers? Granted, that's mostly old testament, but in the New Testament there's some darker sections too. People being struck dead for withholding their goods.

It's one thing to say you have issues with the Quaran if you've actually read it. Most people's knowledge of it is out of context & twisted to someones viewpoint. Just like the Bible.

There are extremists in all faiths (or sometimes lack thereof). There are good people in all faiths (or lack thereof). That's the point. And Chritianity may have been prominent in the minds of the founding fathers & much of the tradition of the last 300 years on this continent, but we have freedom of religion (and sometimes from religion), whatever it may be, for a reason.

In Islam you do NOT have such freedoms.
And the real concern about Islam always comes down to SHARIA LAW.
Because you can not fully achieve the goals of Islam without Sharia.
And with Sharia Infidels like us frequently end up DEAD.

Being one who actually HAS spent the time and effort to delve deep into Islam and try to gain an understanding of the faith and it's goals, I think it is fair to say there is really no comparison to modern Christianity in how the religion treats non believers, let alone Apostates that have left the faith!

CZ5d01fWYAA_qWh.jpg

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007

Unfortunately there are others who think somewhat like you do , thankfully a minority. Not sure if it’s your fondness of debating every issue and taking the opposite side as the majority , or if you truly are just naive, but to suggest there is no problem with the Muslim faith integrating with American or Canadian culture , is way beyond naivety, it’s actually bordering on idiocy.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Unfortunately there are others who think somewhat like you do , thankfully a minority. Not sure if it’s your fondness of debating every issue and taking the opposite side as the majority , or if you truly are just naive, but to suggest there is no problem with the Muslim faith integrating with American or Canadian culture , is way beyond naivety, it’s actually bordering on idiocy.

Islam really doesn’t like to integrate with any other infidel religions

Premium Features