• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

This is SnoWest?

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
Dead New Years Eve on what was a fun and active forum. No posts for hours or even days in threads. No more smartasses,no more bright repartee. No more good info, no more double entendre. A special box with maybe five users and if you are not in this small club (or adminns blessed set) the user has to endure or fight through to (no setting to get to not see) to read all real posts. A place where if you aren't into insipid mass poster threads, there is nothing new.

Yet, Thanks to Skidoox and a a few others for keeping the jokes and meme threads running.

Admin suggested to me that I post interesting threads. Not my nature, I like to watch and jump in. My paying work is to read, write, think and wage paper and verbal war. I bet and protect other peoples money in real life, can't do it for fun. I used to come here for what others had to say or relate. For attitude, like approved by OX or that bitch Barbie has all the toys or 383lb800. Rude comments to Scott before he was even of age in Wyoming, and keyboard jockies like the overwrought highschooler in the northwest. And somebody in Florida that maybe had never seen snow. Guys that lived here like Ralph, now on to successful dirtbiking careers with his son. Backcountryrebels died too, and no growing up on Coloardo flattland stories from a guy no longer riding.

What can we do? Lets get back to relating a good ride when we get home, a learning experience, a short cut, a lifehack, a thank you, a tale real or imagined. This could be a fun place where not just the Alpha thread that makes the most active posts lists week after week.

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
Pay to play and Facebook groups killed it. In business they say if you are not moving forward you are dying... Snowest is is a perfect example. The market blew right past and they are standing in the same spot asking what happened....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
We sincerely apologize for your new lack of interest.

Are-you-not-o4vxvx.jpg

Happy New Year ;)

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
The clutching info is accelerating here on Snowest. Lots of old souls, old pros and experienced builders are sharing info which is cool.

Last edited:
I
Dec 21, 2016
Facebook groups are a wild-west crap-show. I tried subscribing to some but was inundated by notifications from people asking questions covered 1000x and easily answered by google searches, parts for sale groups without current info, tons of bashing, and one-uppers trying to run the show. There’s little to no moderation on any of them; which as I’m sure many members may disagree, are very necessary to keep a forum like this a happy place for everyone. I much prefer browsing forums and find myself staying farther and farther away from Facebook.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
The new format has slowed some traffic also. I know of a few old souls that dont like it and are staying away.
Yeah, I can see that.. I have mixed opinions on the new site I like the quick uploads, but I liked the layout of the old site better. Guess it's true, older you get, harder it is to change

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I get that format/software change is hard.
I've seen 4 MAJOR forum format overhauls on here over the last 21 years, along with several minor updates as well.

I've always felt that the changes were difficult to get used to.
It's like wearing the old comfortable familiar sweatshirt.

But, after a while I've gone back and looked at screenshots and old versions of the forms (like on Wayback Machine, or whatever it's called).
I can't say that I would prefer to go back to any of those old formats.
You can teach an old dog new tricks.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
The quantity of of users has declined but the quality of subjects and quality of info has skyrocketed! Not much fluff and fighting anymore which is great! That being said, I have been known to fight and fluff a lot in the past!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
The quantity of of users has declined but the quality of subjects and quality of info has skyrocketed! Not much fluff and fighting anymore which is great! That being said, I have been known to fight and fluff a lot in the past!

Haven't we all (mostly). :)

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
The new format has slowed some traffic also. I know of a few old souls that dont like it and are staying away.

I'd like to see what kind of user-reports the system will generate. Charts and graphs those show trends over time.
And receipts. What about receipts??

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
For attitude, like approved by OX or that bitch Barbie has all the toys or 383lb800. Rude comments to Scott before he was even of age in Wyoming, and keyboard jockies like the overwrought highschooler in the northwest. And somebody in Florida that maybe had never seen snow. Guys that lived here like Ralph, now on to successful dirtbiking careers with his son. Backcountryrebels died too, and no growing up on Coloardo flattland stories from a guy no longer riding.

Great references. I remember all of those...except maybe the young Scott in Wyo. You're not referring to me are you? I'm guessing it's a different Scott.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT

This is very true, seems like the guys who want to ask oil/can/wrap questions have migrated to Facebook. Im a member of a ton of groups on FB but have all notifications off as it just gets completely out of control. It is TOO easy for people to comment and just nonsensical people chimming in with very little productive help to be found.

The guys left here all have a lot of good information and the quality of discussion has greatly increased over the last few years. Like you said, much less huffing, puffing and bashing, etc. Although things are a little on the slower side, i do enjoy the forum a lot more then FB groups that is for sure.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
This is very true, seems like the guys who want to ask oil/can/wrap questions have migrated to Facebook. Im a member of a ton of groups on FB but have all notifications off as it just gets completely out of control. It is TOO easy for people to comment and just nonsensical people chimming in with very little productive help to be found.

The guys left here all have a lot of good information and the quality of discussion has greatly increased over the last few years. Like you said, much less huffing, puffing and bashing, etc. Although things are a little on the slower side, i do enjoy the forum a lot more then FB groups that is for sure.

HOLY COW!!!!
100 percent agree.
ALL notifications from those FB groups are off. I only have notifications set when friends post. LOL

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
to the hoards that migrated to facebook and don't recognize the value of being able to follow a topic, much less easily find it in the future: good riddance. Facebook sucks.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND

Ahhhh nailed it!!!

Not a big fan of "two face", "book of faces" or whatever you want to call it .........I'm not into drama, keyboard cowboys, pissing matches or plain stupidity. I value the opinions of guys on here and truly appreciate the help that guys provide. So for that that, "thank you" to the active, productive and resourceful members of Snowest!!

Premium Features