• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

This for real

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Anybody know if the riot has a drop and roll case? I thought I seen on FBI that TKI thought it wasnt?

Arctic mountain system see it

Attachments

• 3DAB1C38-BD43-42D1-BAFB-6377C37CDA6A.png
    3DAB1C38-BD43-42D1-BAFB-6377C37CDA6A.png
    258.8 KB · Views: 109

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
is the image of it in between the ascender and the zr200 just a hoax?
11.7 gallon tank was a mistake. the guys who fill em up and weigh them next to the Polaris 800 155 belt drive will have fun with that one. 7-8 gallons should be plenty in this thing.
where does it say the weight of it anyways? the wording make it sound like a different bulkhead design. Im surprised at the nay-saying so far, while the zr200 was a hit? those are like lawn mower motors. this is a real mid size, liquid, Ctech single. challenger 2" - a solid track imo. graphic options now...
2 things always stay true I guess: 1. you can't please them all and, 2. Epstein didn't kill himself.

tunnel is one piece also - wonder if there is a little savings there?

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
is the image of it in between the ascender and the zr200 just a hoax?
11.7 gallon tank was a mistake. the guys who fill em up and weigh them next to the Polaris 800 155 belt drive will have fun with that one. 7-8 gallons should be plenty in this thing.
where does it say the weight of it anyways? the wording make it sound like a different bulkhead design. Im surprised at the nay-saying so far, while the zr200 was a hit? those are like lawn mower motors. this is a real mid size, liquid, Ctech single. challenger 2" - a solid track imo. graphic options now...
2 things always stay true I guess: 1. you can't please them all and, 2. Epstein didn't kill himself.

I don't think I would go so far as to call it a hoax. Maybe some other name like "creative digital imagery". The website doesn't lie. Look at all the dimensions on the website. Shoot, for that sake, even pull that picture into various manipulating softwares and you will see. Or just look really really closely at the details. You will still see. The majority of the structural parts used for this sled are the exact same parts as those used on full size sleds.

The weight was talked about in the dealer video. It said "near 400" for the weight. That could mean a variety of different things.

The wording does make it sound like a different bulkhead design. When you leave the marketing folk and the legal folk in the same room for long enough, they will come up with a way to make you think it's smaller even when it's not.

I'm really not trying to nay-say at all. I love the thing. It beats the evo easily. I plan to buy one in about 2 years. I just don't appreciate them trying to tell folks that it is something that it really isn't.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I wonder if they’ve even built a blast yet ? one would think there’d be some real pictures or video somewhere, haven’t seen either anywhere. Certainly curious to see how the size actually does compare to a full size sled as well as how it looks under the plastic.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I see Cat said on Facebook that the riot X comes with a full length heat exchanger, hopefully that is incorrect. Picture on the site shows a full heat exchanger on the regular riot, and an M style tunnel on the riot x

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
riot x looks sweet but its a crossover still so it gonna be heavy. id expect more cooling capacity and steel shafts along with those coil springs and e start. looks like they tossed the heavier telescopic post so that's good. Im interested to see if that new 2.6 will hook the hard pack sidehills better, I think a little of the washout some have experienced on spring pack could be the wide 3.5 pitch powder track sliding. would be cool to compare. of course the shorter length might wanna blow out on you with too much throttle so there's that to keep in mind.

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
]Look like the blast’s motor would fit the bill for a production purpose built snowbike. Just my 2 cents. Anyone willing to put money on
if we see it before snowmagden is done?

Upon further research tell me this is not same motor found on cat snowbike patient that showed up last spring
FCB6FA6A-F080-4080-AF0F-627587FF8874.png788A05C7-A97F-4983-9042-AF6CD848244E.jpeg88DEEC1F-CD74-41DB-A882-CFBB970146A1.jpeg

Last edited:

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Lay down sled motor would put the clutch on the left and the intake on the front. Rotate the recoil 90 degrees and now you have a bike motor.
The engineers might have been thinking about cost reductions and reuse.
I might play a Manufacturing Engineer when I am not riding.

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
That is a great question! Almost has to be offset to clear the bulkhead. Unless the have done some magic which should have been a selling point.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
How about engine placement?
Is the engine centered in the chassis in the blast?

Sent it
Well we found out today that it isn't. Snowest posted their under the hood video on facebook and the engine was offset to the clutch side. So now the sled will have all the weight of the clutch and the engine on the left side, and then once you replace the batter with a lightweight battery and the can with a lightweight can, the whole right side will weigh nothing. Hmmmm...

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
So now the sled will have all the weight of the clutch and the engine on the left side, and then once you replace the batter with a lightweight battery and the can with a lightweight can, the whole right side will weigh nothing.

...........just like all their other snowmobiles

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
...........just like all their other snowmobiles

Fixed it. I bet it's pretty balanced in stock form, and the clutches don't look as big and heavy as the 600 and 800 sleds use. One positive is the offset engine let them run a single solid steering post to the center of the chassis. Probably lost a little weight without having that separate linkage and bell crank in the bottom and took out some steering slop. Reports I'm hearing from those that are riding the pre-production units are they are a hoot to ride. Adults basically keep them pinned all the time so that 10gal fuel tank might be there for a reason! I know of at least one aftermarket gear down kit that will be coming for mountain riding.

Premium Features