• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

This for real

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Damn no 154 ATAC no sale for me, Ill keep my 19s for another year for my primary mountain sleds. The 154 is actually where you want the lockout so it doesnt wheelie back on you. 165 is a tank in comparison and not a wheelie machine, which I like even in CO/WY. Honestly I was gonna get a 146 riot x this year for a low pow mountain/trail sled for fun factor when the snow sucks. But next years riot x with a 2.6 and mono rail looks sweet. I also want a mid size sled for around my cabin. Almost bought a 200 this year for that. Think about how sweet a Blast mid sized would be with a Garrett sized 25 series turbo. 100+ hp at 10k feet and what about 375lbs??? I want too much though so cant afford all that.

Still nice that Cat mixed it up. I didn't expect an all new mountain sled after looking at the early darked out pics cat posted. And i dont feel they need an 850+ cc motor. The alpha will destroy the same sled with a dual rail climbing in pow. So it will destroy doo and poo 850s getting traction and climbing in pow as well. Yes my axys with 3" powerclaw and turbo would kill it, but even though the 3" powerclaw was my favorite track ever, the alpha 3" came out and killed it combined with the mono rail for traction and climbing in pow.

I wonder how they did the riot x with a 2.6 and mono rail. Did they redesign the 2.6 like when the alpha came out, or is it the same 2.6 from old? Figure theyd beef up the track edges, but maybe not with a shorter skid/track length...
New 2.6... and I assume Atac will be available on the 154”, I’m sure it’s just a website screw up (crazy, right?).

347D204D-434B-4366-B307-5B0BBFF35FFC.jpeg

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I hope so. I figure they wouldnt be dumb like that. And yes that new 2.6 looks way better than the old one. What tracks are the mid size sleds coming out with on the single rail? Havent even gone on cats site yet.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I hope so. I figure they wouldnt be dumb like that. And yes that new 2.6 looks way better than the old one. What tracks are the mid size sleds coming out with on the single rail? Havent even gone on cats site yet.
146x2 challenger

EF9F0FF6-B75F-4159-B67B-F9C3D1B32286.jpeg

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
D-

Welp it is well past 1 pm and haven't seen anything else. Guess that really was it. Talk about underwhelming. I don't really get why they hyped it up a month in advance to release a 2020 sled with new stickers and shocks. Snooze, wake me up in 2022.

Yes the kids sled is cool but i bet they sell 1 to every 100 real sleds if they are lucky so who really cares.

Honestly I am really just disappointed in myself for expecting something different from cat. At least I know my 2020 isn't useless now.
Definitely disagree. Where I live, just the zr200s have outsold the full size cats in the last few years. I can EASILY see these youth models outselling the full size models for quite some time.

T
Dec 20, 2018
I'm having so much fun on the kid's 200 waiting for some serious snow...theses litle thingy will kill it ....people all think they absolutly need the biggest but thats not true....theres so much fun to be had with theses machines....+ once the engine blew it wont worth 3/4 of the sled.... in time i buy one for the kids i might buy one for myself too for low snow periods.....

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Definitely disagree. Where I live, just the zr200s have outsold the full size cats in the last few years. I can EASILY see these youth models outselling the full size models for quite some time.

200s are $4k or less not $8500..................

Just saying if dad gets sick of waiting for a belt drive, raised chassis, some overall weight loss and a competitive 850-900 engine and switches brands himself then he's less likely to go to the cat dealer to buy $8000 kids sled. I'm not saying the kids sled is not a cool addition and needed in the marketplace. I'm just saying they hyped this release up quite a bit to really flop on releasing anything meaningful for most of us.

G
Feb 6, 2011
Sweden
RIOT X is everything i have wished for, 146" track, alpha rail, 2.6" lugs. Only thing that i dont need is electric start and it would have been nice if they had the Fox qs3r. Just waiting for what the price here in Sweden will be, cuz we dont get the same price as you guys, the 2020 RIOT X cost $16000 here and the freeride is $18000. How mutch is the differance in the US?
But who the f**k cares of the cost, just need to find a way to fool the lady ?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
RIOT X is everything i have wished for, 146" track, alpha rail, 2.6" lugs. Only thing that i dont need is electric start and it would have been nice if they had the Fox qs3r. Just waiting for what the price here in Sweden will be, cuz we dont get the same price as you guys, the 2020 RIOT X cost $16000 here and the freeride is $18000. How mutch is the differance in the US?
But who the f**k cares of the cost, just need to find a way to fool the lady ?
Coil over QS3s are an option on the Riot X, I would guess the difference between the Riot X and a Freeride will be around 2k usd.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
I love the idea of the Blast, and the price doesn't bother me at all.. I'm just curious why it isn't lighter.. they say its about 400lbs. I mean a pro rmk 800 is what? 408 or something.. I was hoping for old school tundra weights... so the kids don't need to call me every time they get stuck.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
My thoughts exactly if it's 400 dry it's a big miss if it's 400 wet ready to ride might be cool. Still about $1500 to high on the price though.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Just curious where do you guys see the 5-7k $$$ trimmed off this sled vs a full size?

Its got full size suspension, track, skis, tunnel, tank, and has a *decent* motor, clutches, chaincase. I really think being 4-5k cheaper than a full size sled seems about right. I know we want it to be 5k, but I just don't think that realistic, these aren't drastically different than full size sleds but they ARE already drastically cheaper. Maybe I'm not looking at it wrong but the only things significantly cheaper on this sled vs your full size are probably the motor, and shocks, other wise its all pretty similar ?‍♂️

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Folks, stop believing what Cat says and go and actually look at the specs. Cat is lying to you calling it a "true midsize" sled.

It has a full size bulkhead, tunnel, gas tank, track, skid, skis, front suspension, and can. Literally the only things they made smaller are the engine and the plastics. Ok the headlight as well. That's it.

So that certainly explains why the dang thing is still probably going to be heavier than a pro-rmk. It also explains why the price is all of $8k and then some. Honestly, the fact that the price is only $8k is a miracle in my mind when I look at what they did with this thing.

What really matters here is that it beats the pants out of its closest competitor, the evo rmk (assuming it comes in less than 420 pounds).

You don't have to outrun the bear, you only have to outrun your hiking buddy. This thing just needs to be better than the evo. It doesn't have to be some amazing awesome technological marvel for a cost of $2,000 like some of you guys seem to think you're entitled to.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Was just looking and that riot x is supposed to be 486 lbs and looked like it was e-start only. Thats pretty disappointing,

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
take the e start off of the blast and swap out the muffler for a can and theres 25lbs weight loss for just the cost of a can. also the alpha rail will make it easy for small or young riders to get on edge coupled with the fact you've got the lighter weight engine and most likely lighter weight clutches all taking weight off of the front end. The price sounds like alot but everything is more now days. a new pickup was 30k back when sleds were 7k now new pickups are 50 60 70 thousand. also this isnt a fan cooled carbed engine.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
is the image of it in between the ascender and the zr200 just a hoax?
11.7 gallon tank was a mistake. the guys who fill em up and weigh them next to the Polaris 800 155 belt drive will have fun with that one. 7-8 gallons should be plenty in this thing.
where does it say the weight of it anyways? the wording make it sound like a different bulkhead design. Im surprised at the nay-saying so far, while the zr200 was a hit? those are like lawn mower motors. this is a real mid size, liquid, Ctech single. challenger 2" - a solid track imo. graphic options now...
2 things always stay true I guess: 1. you can't please them all and, 2. Epstein didn't kill himself.

Premium Features