• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

This for real

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Doesn't look like a kids sled in the video clip they just dropped :unsure:

I was thinking the same thing. However, I am totally wearing kids goggles as I'm the guy who prays every night for somebody to put out a decent kids sled. When I watch this, I totally see kids sled, but I came on here to see if that's just because of my goggles. Maybe not!!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
The running boards are flat all the way back. No kickup to keep the feet on like all mountain sleds have.. i rely very heavily on those!

Sent it

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
it looks fun, nevermind the kids!
A
Where did you get this picture. That picture totally makes it look like a kids sled. I haven't seen that pic before.
Cat sponsored rider on instagram as well a
The running boards are flat all the way back. No kickup to keep the feet on like all mountain sleds have.. i rely very heavily on those!

Sent it
Funny. I noticed the same and thought it makes sense... I dont used the kickups at all.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Alright, I'm officially calling my shot - for the mountain version at least. Here we go:

They will call it a kids sled...and it will be...kinda.

Bulkhead and front shocks will be same as alpha. Rear skid will be exactly like adult alpha, but 146. Tunnel will be kinda like the Lynx tunnel. So far it's pretty much just like an EVO in the fact that really, it's an adult size sled that they are trying to pass off as a kids sled.

Just like the EVO they will put a kids seat, kids gas tank, and kinda kids bars. Just like the EVO it will get different plastics to kinda make it look smaller. Just like the EVO it will get the 550 fan engine.

Better than the EVO, it will actually sit high like a sled is supposed to. Better than the EVO, they won't be stupid enough to de-tune the 550 engine that is already powerless at 8,000 feet in 2 feet of powder. Better than the EVO it will run a 2" lug on the track. Better than the EVO, it will have the 36" front end just like the Alpha. Better than the EVO, the mountain option will have an actual mountain rear suspension. Better than the EVO, it will have boards that aren't the worst. Still not the best, but at least not the worst.

Worse than the EVO, it will weight about 20 pounds more than the EVO. Worse than the EVO, it will probably have an MSRP at least $2k more than the EVO RMK, probably even $3k more.

Straight out of the crate, it will be better than the EVO. However, the EVO will have more potential if you put one together like Burandt just did for his kid due to being so much lighter.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
It looks to me like a kids sled, it has a similar cheesy headlight as the yamaha snoscoot does. Would be cool to see a 500ish fan sled that is mountain capable for kids in the 7 to 12 year old range. It is definitely not an adult mountain sled.

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
I think they are calling us all old. Saying that “they have always made history”.
It has to be a new intro sled with language like “a new breed” and “they were born to raise hell”
Edit
WTF is up with the skidoo steering?
And no exhaust deflector. I think I can’t smell two stoke smoke.
89229581-278F-48D2-8B12-EEAF8A5D4E5E.jpeg

Last edited:

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Ha ha ha!!! Yeah, I haven't used the kickups in well over a decade.

I'll have to go find said sponsored rider.

Thanks
Oooo I really botched that last poast, oops.

It was David Mcclure. Country Cat posted it on facebook as well.

D
Dec 2, 2012
Quahog
I think textron has some brilliant marketing people. This is what snowmobiling needs. All the major mfg in my area are taking a **** kicking and say that cannot move sleds. My new assault was 16k plus and it is plane jane. Its ridiculous. If cat comes with a scaled down models that are lighter and just as much fun I think would have to have it.

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
So rumor is its a 140-146'' kitty with a wider front end and a new larger engine. It looks like a snox sled banged an alpha and this is the demon spawn child. I may order one on its release!

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
I think they are calling us all old. Saying that “they have always made history”.
It has to be a new intro sled with language like “a new breed” and “they were born to raise hell”
Edit
WTF is up with the skidoo steering?
And no exhaust deflector. I think I can’t smell two stoke smoke.
View attachment 333938
I'm hoping that the exhaust deflector is missing because they chose some awesome alternate routing like they did with the ZR200 where you don't need a deflector. And yes, the language they are using seems to be a dead giveaway that it is something for the kids. The plastics look crazy similar to the ZR6000R SX. They took those plastics, added a small headlight from the ZR200, and added a little scoop for air since it will have the 570 fan in it. Tunnel appears to be stolen from the Lynx 2000.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
exhaust could be a tunnel dump.... just saying ;)
not like aftermarket dumps, more like yamaha's rear exit exhaust but dump in to tunnel.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Even though doos are imported to the US, it’s cheaper in the US than here in Canada to buy. One of the many reasons I’ll never own a skidoo when they cost more where they originate,,,, totally unacceptable. A company should never ship a product elsewhere, pay duty/taxes/shipping etc then charge its own country more to buy. Brutal!!

Have you considered a US dollar is worth like 30% more than a Canadian dollar?

Premium Features