• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thinking about selling 1989 Yamaha Snoscoot

B
Dec 3, 2003
Cashmere, WA
Well, I think it's time to let go of the snoscoot that I have owned for nearly 10 years. Sleds in great shape and has C&A skis with Muffin Works ski adapters. I think it may just need a little carb cleaning, but when it ran last March, it ran great. My question to you all is, how much are these sleds going for? Not sure what the market is for this older sled. Thanks.

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
I sold mine 5 years ago for $1600 to the first caller. I’d ask $2000 if is on shape an has E-start.

B
Dec 3, 2003
Cashmere, WA
Thanks for the reply. Yes, it's in great shape and has e-start. This gives me a starting point. I asked the same question on Mountain Sledders Swapmeet on Facebook and most came back around the $2k-$2.5k range.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
Seems they used to go for a premium price before the new scoot and zr200 showed up a couple years ago... different machines tho. A scoot like that in good shape would for sure get $2500 up here in Canada.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
I do expect prices to start falling for them - probably pretty significantly as more and more of these new snoscoots get older and cheaper. But for the moment, the new ones, even a used 2018 model, is still going to be $3k or more, so I imagine the market should find support for the old snoscoots at least at 1500 and maybe even at 2k. Then again, Corona has seemed to boost the prices of darn near all this stuff, so maybe you could still get 2500 for it. ???

Premium Features