• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thermostat upgrades

M
Feb 26, 2018
Did the thermostat upgrade. In the parts list NAPA was used as the parts store to buy some of the parts needed to put this kit together. I ordered the parts needed and Napa didn’t order the correct quantities needed. Being a Thursday night I was told it would be Monday before the correct quantity would arrive. Being I had waited a week and a half ,I was not amused. I already had a weekend trip planned and temps were forecasted to be in the 30’s. On my way home I stopped by my local O’Reilly to get some regular hose clamps and they were able to order the same parts as Napa and I was able to get them Saturday morning. Had all the parts for the kit, they were cheaper, and I had them faster.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Auto parts stores sure aren't what they used to be.

No kidding. The local CarQuest (now long-gone) had a couple guys who could tell you the difference between the standard and premium parts, if you could get a different part to work when they didn't have the right thing, and the right stuff could be there in the afternoon or the next day unless it was a weekend. Now you're just lucky if they hand you the thing you asked for, and they act like you're asking for parts for a Model T if you've got something over 20 years old. *end rant*

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
Auto parts stores sure aren't what they used to be.
Each I go there even if it's a simple part they look at my like I've asked for Flux capacitors or something.

And they have nothing in stock, if I wanted to order it I would have done it from the comfort of my home....

I live in a small city so ymmv but still so annoying

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

Premium Features