• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Yalpha

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
Can’t wait to hear the results. Are you running stock power or tuned? Which shocks did you go with?

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
We don't ride without a big tune LOL. can't ever have enough power. We are running the stock air shocks off my 19 and i put the hardcore ones on my 19. We have reason to believe someone is coming out with a alpha skid themselves and we are waiting to test on that skid.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Do you loose reverse when switching drive shaft?

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
We lost reverse when we went to a belt drive so i am no sure. but i don't think you do lose reverse. It actually now comes over easier then my 19 alpha. it still is front heavy of course but not like youd think. i am assuming you guys have ridden or own a 4 stroke so you would know that you need to run the throttle differently then that of a 2 stroke. we only have about 20 miles or so on it so not a huge amount of riding. but i love it so far. what we did find is (being a Yamaha) it doesn't react do to the weight as quickly as a 2 stroke would. that being said you just have to think further ahead and ride with finesse. you have to be smooth on it. not yank from one side to another. i am not sure if anyone knows what i mean but it isn't fast reacting like my alpha is. or a Polaris or ski-doo. but in saying that i still wont ride the other 2 brands lol. we will get more riding on it this week so i am hoping for more feedback. so far id say its awesome with the exception of the quickness not being there. you just have to be smooth. oh and one last thing i will say. THAT POWER of a yamaha is orgasmic.

worklater

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2008
I have been running and Alpha skid in my sidewinder, this is the second winter.
The sled is awesome and it’s sucks AC didn’t let Yamaha have it. You are going to love it!!
The best thing is you get Yamaha reliability!

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I have been running and Alpha skid in my sidewinder, this is the second winter.
The sled is awesome and it’s sucks AC didn’t let Yamaha have it. You are going to love it!!
The best thing is you get Yamaha reliability!
Post a pic if you don’t mind. Would love to see it!

worklater

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2008
You don't lose reverse if you press the drivers off the AC shaft and onto the Yamaha shaft, I still have reverse. There's not a Doo or Pol. that can compare with this sled.
I can't wait to hear how you like the set-up??

IMG_0768.jpg

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
So far it is awesome. we are still tweaking some shock modifications on it. we lost the reverse when we went to the TKI belt drive. snow is still not that good around us. but we are still rallying it. its so much power and the reliability is amazing.

JackSprat

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2010
Northern Calirado
Got mine back from LCC (they did an awesome job) last weekend and it was my first ride on it. Wow, what an awesome ride, totally love it!
I agree with what "WorkLater" said, "Its sucks AC didn't let Yamaha have/use it.
Its ability to side hill, carve, maneuver, and float have all increased for the better.
I cant wait to get back out there again.
I'll post a pic or two sometime when I get my pics downloaded to my lap top.

Last edited:
Premium Features