• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The season of no snow...

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Such a bummer this season has been. Just checked the forecast and nothing coming until towards the end of the month if we are lucky and that doesn't go away. Have been sledding since the mid 90's and this is starting to rank up in the top 5 worst seasons.

By the end of March-Mid April we start to take the quads out and this year with almost 0 base even if it does start to snow REALLY good it will be mid/late Feb before there is enough base to get off trail.

We are riding at the coast tomorrow, very sorry indeed!

Last edited:

Elkaholic4life

Twin Peaks
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2013
Portland, OR
This summer I need to drag the quads out and make a dune trip with ya :face-icon-small-hap

This was taken on my birthday, 12-23-17. Mt Adams, probably 5 miles from the closest trail :party:

image.jpg

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
This summer I need to drag the quads out and make a dune trip with ya :face-icon-small-hap

This was taken on my birthday, 12-23-17. Mt Adams, probably 5 miles from the closest trail :party:

Happy Birthday!!
We have been getting dumped on in NW Montana. Close to 4' in our
yard. We have been riding right from our house.

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
I hope to hit up Kapka on Sat if the snow gods cooperate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Bought a snowblower for the tractor finally after last year, snowed in October so I put the blower on. My Dad said "you just guaranteed it wont snow"

Well he was right... ****.!

Man this sucks. Saw dudes in spandex riding road bikes up to bachelor yesterday.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Heck, thought we were gonna get some fresh last night. Was pouring at my house, pulled up the cam and it's 43 up top :(

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I wish but not seeing it happening, high here of almost 65 today, showers maybe tomorrow and Friday so I can see very little coming for the weekend. Gonna be helping a buddie start building his shop who helped me build mine probably next weekend so unless it dumps big I'm gonna be out for awhile. The season of no snow continues...

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
So when do we get nervous? This is essentially the same program as 2 years ago. We ended up with low river levels, and HUGE fires all summer long! It's going to be February in 2 weeks, and here the West sits with no snowpack, the rain just flushes down the rivers and keeps the ocean full.

When do we get nervous? Me, I think we have 4 weeks to gain SUBSTANTIAL snowpack in the Cascades or we are in deep doo doo this summer! We can, and probably will get snow in places after that mid February mark, but typically the freezing level is higher, and it doesn't really help the 6 month outcome.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
7" already up at Bachelor and still snowing! This weekend looks really good! I doubt we'll have sunshine but we will have snow!!

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
A few snowlakes on my deck right now.. at 8:30pm in Bend.

They are not millennials or hillary voters, but actual real life snowflakes.

To bad I have to work constantly..gonna try to sneak out saturday for a couple hours.. Sled is loaded!

Premium Features