• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Pines in Island Park

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
For the last few years the wife and I have been wanting to get out west to meet some fellow SnoWesters and to get out and ride. It was suggested to us that we check out Island Park. So I did my research and started looking for places to stay and also places to rent snowmobiles since we would be flying out.

While researching we came across a vacation rental called “The Pines at Island Park”. We gave them a call and were answered by some of the friendliest people I have ever spoken to. They answered all our questions and even gave suggestions for other things we were unsure of. So we rented a single bedroom cabin with a kitchenette for the week and it was absolutely beautiful. The bed was almost more comfortable than my own bed back in Michigan and at the end of a long day of riding the hot tub that sits on a porch was very inviting and the perfect temp. On the front porch of entering the cabin was a grill that we could cook our food on while we were in the hot tub.

When it came time for booking our rental sleds I was answered by a very friendly fellow as well. When I called I told him the type of riding we were planning and he suggested a few options. Me being a Polaris fan of course I went with an AXYS pro 800 155 and for the wife since this was her first time ever really getting off trail, we got her a Ski-doo summit 600 146. The machines were in immaculate shape and since we were staying on site we were able to keep them at the cabin instead of having to turn them in every night. They made sure the machines were topped with oil and all we had to worry about was filling them up and not wrecking them of course 

If you feel like you do not want to grill out at your cabin then I really recommend heading down to the Phillips lodge at The Pines. The food we ate was damn good and at a really reasonable price, if you are really hungry I recommend the Mt. Jefferson burger. I was getting the food sweats towards the end I was so full but it was so good I didn’t want it getting thrown away.
All in all I have not a single bad thing to say about “The Pines at Island Park” and would highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for a getaway within or outside of the state. I strongly recommend it for the people that live out of state that are looking for the genuine mountain experience. The wife and I have already agreed that we will be returning to “The Pines” for an annual trip each year.

Thank you everyone at “The Pines at Island Park” for the great service!

Premium Features