• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Matrix Slash Is unreal

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Hmmm, not disagreeing with you, but it sounds like part of the "so much better" feeling could be due to the pre-production sleds being built to a tighter standard. The 850 was supposed to run so much better and have proven itself, but the end product has a checkered reputation. Manufacturing tolerances and quality control seem to be a continuing problem for Polaris, to the point where we pretty much just accept it. My sled is everything Polaris promised when they introduced the Pro RMK – after a custom-built engine, revised cooling, and numerous other tweaks. They've gotten better out of the box, but it still seems every Poo needs tweaking to reach its potential, if not a major "fix" from the aftermarket (like extroverts and anti-stab for the series 8). I don't doubt the Matryx will be better than any Axys, short of an all-out custom build. I get the feeling though, that Polaris is doing a very good job of curating their new sled intros – building their pre-production machines to far higher standards and being careful of the conditions they let people loose on them in – and pushing sales based off that buzz. I'm not saying the rave reviews will disappear when the production sleds hit the snow next year, but I'd have to ride one, and see how they hold up over a full season, before I'd blow the budget on one.

^^^ you are not the target market for sure.......

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
The suspension is all the same. Same front end and same rear skid geometry. So when I see someone say how much better it handles, I think of all those guys who have turbos that run perfect and are pull and go. Your opinion is valued about as much as my old lady's... and she's never left the trail ?

@Chadly. This aged well.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
@Chadly. This aged well.
Once again someone trying to justify their $500 snowmobile payment. I can ride an Axys like a Matryx. Probably not a Pro though. But why do people bring up old junk? I'm not poor. Why would you ever go back? Just like when guys offer me to ride their old junk. Thats like a kid checking out my Lamborghini and asking if I want to take his Honda Civic R for a drive? ?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Once again someone trying to justify their $500 snowmobile payment. I can ride an Axys like a Matryx. Probably not a Pro though. But why do people bring up old junk? I'm not poor. Why would you ever go back? Just like when guys offer me to ride their old junk. Thats like a kid checking out my Lamborghini and asking if I want to take his Honda Civic R for a drive? ?
If you’re so smart, how come you ain’t rich?

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
@Chadly. This aged well.
Granted my Axys was fairly modded. But it felt lighter and was more fun to ride than my 9R. The 9R engine is obviously way better. Both have been for sale and i was just going to keep the one that didnt sell. Neither have sold so im keeping both

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Premium Features