The Market


Well-known member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
Need I say more?!

I've been a firm believer if you have solid stocks / mutual funds and have another 5-10 years before retirement, ride it out; and fortunately I'm in this position. But it's been one heck of a ride and my stomach is starting to churn.

I'm looking at my portfolio and as of today I still have a decent gain; I'm thinking of getting out as odds are things are going to get worse before they get better. Where I live they just extended the restaurant closures by another week and more closures in other industries on the horizon.

Fear and greed - the 2 things that drive the market and I know it's a mistake to try to time the market.

My broker recommended maybe shaving 20% give or take off now, see where things are at over the next few weeks. Not to bad of an idea.

What is everyone's else's thoughts?

turboless terry

Well-known member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
You haven't lost anything until you sell. It will come back in a hurry when this is over. Turn the news off. Also remember your broker gets a paycheck when you sell. People are going nuts over this. You just said you are in the position to wait it out. If you weren't and were older it might be different. By that tidbit you should have already had it in something safe. My vote is you need to chill out and assess the situation a little more clearly. If a ship gets a hole in it do you immediately jump ship or do you wait and see if it can be fixed? This thing is really early yet. I'm doubting the ship is going to sink.
Premium Features