• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The "I'm looking for people headed west from MN" thread.

pitchervy

Lifetime Membership
May 2, 2017
Valpo, Indiana
Are there any groups looking looking for one or two more this winter? The furthest west I have gone is the Black Hills and I’d like to make it into the mountains this year. at least once or twice. I’d prefer with a couple people who know their way around and what they are doing. I live in Moorhead, MN.
I’m in NW Indiana near CHI. I’ve ridden the Snowys quite a bit and Togwotee range several times. I’m Avy trained and ride a Mountain Cat 153. I’ve got a couple groups of friends we ride with but sometimes schedules don’t mesh so there might be an opportunity.

A
Feb 19, 2019
KB! Found it! Yah, I like to go out couple times a year. Was at Togwotee 2 weeks ago when Cat corporate execs where out there.
I have a group of 4 including me going to Bear (location still open) Feb 15-21. Always up for meeting and riding with others. I ride Cat and am experienced mountain rider but, I'm no Dave McClure or Chris Burant Lol! We come prepared with gear and tools and know how to get unstuck without a shovel!

S

Summit Guy

Oct 24, 2001
Buffalo, MN
looking for guys heading west it looks like the snow is finally getting good out there, I have been riding for 20 years out west, riding a 2019 summit and have an enclosed trailer or can be a tag along . I have ridden just about everywhere Cooke most often, West, Island park, Colorado all over , bighorns etc...

Let me know if interested heading out in the west, I am in the west MPLS burbs

K
Dec 5, 2018
Moorhead, MN
KB! Found it! Yah, I like to go out couple times a year. Was at Togwotee 2 weeks ago when Cat corporate execs where out there.
I have a group of 4 including me going to Bear (location still open) Feb 15-21. Always up for meeting and riding with others. I ride Cat and am experienced mountain rider but, I'm no Dave McClure or Chris Burant Lol! We come prepared with gear and tools and know how to get unstuck without a shovel!

Ha neither am I. But I know enough to be dangerous and the goal is to be better each time!

880summitxrs

Lifetime Membership
Aug 1, 2009
Anyone looking to head to steamboat next weak, my group fell apart. Leaving this Saturday and coming back the following Sunday

76crosscountrycat

Premium Member
Jan 3, 2011
Me and 2 friends are heading out of Fargo Feb 12th and riding 13,14 and 15. We might have room for 1 more

K
Dec 5, 2018
Moorhead, MN
Who on here wants to plan a trip for sometime in the next month? I ride a 19 M8000. I have a 3/4 ton pickup but I do not have a big trailer or sled deck. Getting a small group together would be awesome. I live in Moorhead, MN.

Rave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2001
SE MN
Who on here wants to plan a trip for sometime in the next month? I ride a 19 M8000. I have a 3/4 ton pickup but I do not have a big trailer or sled deck. Getting a small group together would be awesome. I live in Moorhead, MN.
I would be up for that. Also have capable Duramax crewcab pickup but no large trailer. Thinking Snowies possibly? Stay in Centennial ride out of Greenrock- open to suggestions. I am near Austin, MN.

K
Dec 5, 2018
Moorhead, MN
I’m looking to head to Centennial Tuesday after work or Wednesday morning and come back on Sunday. Anyone interested? I’m flexible on where we go also. It doesn't matter much to me as long as the snow is good and I get to ride.

Last edited:

Rave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2001
SE MN
Oh crap! I have a wedding on Saturday otherwise I would be in.

K
Dec 5, 2018
Moorhead, MN
Posts from last season still stand. I rode with a couple great people last season but am always looking to meet more. Better chance of ensuring schedules work out to get some good trips in.

Premium Features