• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The future for yamaha

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
My g4 was and still is my all time favorite sled for everything. I've had apex's, nytro's, viper's, axys, (haven't had cat yet). The G4 was a flat out package deal and awesome.

Couldn't agree more. I took my 310 turbo nytro out last week and couldnt' wait to get back on my 850. Just too much fun.

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
My Apex blowing up was probably the best thing that ever happened to my riding ability. Snow checked a T3 in 2015, rode it for 3 years with no issues. Sold it and purchased a G4,it’s been fantastic, zero problems. Now I’m not shot after 3 hrs of riding.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I still think the snowbike market they need to tap into...or at least do something to get back in the game.... heck build some zambonies

That would actually make the most sense and be the simplest way for them to make a splash in the snow market....they already make the bike, no engine development really needed. Set the engine/cooling/charging systems up for cold conditions, factory heated bars, good seat, big fuel tank, maybe slightly larger oil capacity and voila.

Given their engineers on hand, it would be pretty simple to buy out/poach some ideas from the current kit designs and build from there. I think that would be peanuts, and the market is there..... compared to designing a new sled (chassis and engine) from the ground up to go against 3 players who have awesome machines and have kept up with the sled market all the way through.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
OK... here we go!!!yamaha patented 2 new chassis in december one shows three exhaust ports and the other frame has four ports!!!!also they patented a supercharger too, not a turbo a supercharger that runs off the crank!!!and yes both frames are made of Carbon fiber!!!These are facts just look for yourself on the U.S patent site!!!

You wouldn't happen to have a link to these patents, would you?
Edit: I think I found what you're talking about, but it's dated February 2016. Talks about carbon fiber reinforced plastic tunnel, and saw mention of a supercharger as well.

http://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/.piw?PageNu...s1=snowmobile%26OS=snowmobile%26RS=snowmobile

Last edited:

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
Most likely will release nothing new. I worked at a Yamaha dealer during the early 4 stroke days. We would get excited every year and hear This Is The Year for a great sled. WHOMP WHOMP!!!! Nothing NEW COLORS WOW, Power Steering, Heated Seat WOW. They have introduced some cool stuff and come along ways from the RX1. The RX1 was fun in its own way. I have given up on them making something that I would buy. The Sidewinder is Super cool and, a 4 Stroke Turbo is Awesome. I have many miles on an Apex Turbo. If they built a 2 stroke I would buy it. I'm not holding my breath!! I don't have any more to hold after all the earlier years.

Last edited:

Wrenchmaster

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
B.C. Canada
For me, both the 2S and 4S have a place in the mountains. I've owned both and can speak to the benefits of each.

My Nytro got down to 565lbs ready to ride....barely more than my 2105 Summit and yes....that's full of everything....including fuel.

AC M suspension, 153 x 2.25 Powerclaw track, a hybrid Doo front suspension and enough power mods to get it close to 150HP.....and the sled ripped.

What did you do to the front suspension on your nytro? Hybrid doo, did you use some doo parts? how did you get it so light? I'm just wondering because I may pick up a Nytro turbo really cheap, I know they're not the best handling machine, but for the deal I can get, might just for a fun turbo sled

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
I was guessing that it’s offers for the new sleds. That’s basically what it says on the website and on instagram

COMING SOON: THE OFFER YOU CAN’T MISS
We’re about to roll out our most exciting offer ever on new snowmobiles. Sign up to be the first to know.
Get ready for our best ever deals on our most advanced snowmobiles, including huge savings on mountain snowmobiles with ALPHA ONE™, the all-new Riot crossovers, trail rides with iACT™ and more. Just can't wait? See your dealer now for Factory Authorized Clearance deals on previous model year snowmobiles.

Premium Features