• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Blues - Edition 20/21

FlyingW

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dayton, WA
If we get all this new snow and the parking lot isn't plowed and the gate to Bluewood is closed you might be in for many miles of backing down the road. The ones with open trailers were stuck trying to turn around last Saturday.

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
The wife is on call Friday.
Glenn thanks for the heads up on the parking lot. Maybe have to rethink and head to pomeroy.

FlyingW

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dayton, WA
Any plowing done before Dec. 1 would be courtesy of Bluewood. They don't plan to officially open till somewhere around Dec.15. If we get enough snow I'll see if someone can go up and run the snowblower through the SnoPark if nothing else if we have snow to remove. I'll be out of state for the weekend.

Here is what the parking lot looked like Tuesday night. It was still wet and above freezing so had settled a lot. As you can see they only touched the road. With the road still open past the ski area they haven't widened the corner or pushed up any berm.20201117_185411.jpg

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Loaded and ready to do some social distancing on t-day. I went all out and got some johnsonville beef brats for the feast.

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
Cloverland 11/28/20
Okay, you can drive to the snow park but it is pretty rough from the top of the hill to the actual parking lot. The parking lot is mostly clear. 4 wheel drive trucks/SUV have driven just past the Potlatch Road and the road is pretty tore up to that point. Potlatch Road gate is still closed. About mile three most trucks/SUVs turned around... there are still some ruts, looks to be from ATVs or side by sides....

Guessing 10-12 inches of snow, pretty hard but there is a couple of inches of soft snow on top.

1606623614128.png

riding pardner Izzy

1606623667415.png

FlyingW

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dayton, WA
Amazing Mike. You're playing in the mountains on an atv while Cat Boy is on his Alpha. Hate to see like last year when you could only see handlebars. Yes my bike only showed handlebars only because it was left on the mountain for a week until the storm stopped to get back to it. You only took 10 seconds to bury your Alpha. You all in to ride across the mountain to Tollgate next Saturday? I stashed 10 gallons over there a week ago.

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
Cloverland 11/29/20... got the new sled out... just shy of two feet of snow at the marker... trying to get the sled out of break in mode

Kolbie swiped my 2015 XM as "her sled" was supposed to be Janet's ... maybe she can ride it better than I did... I know she got bucked off multiple times trying to jump this or that...

1606709058916.png

notice I AM NOT on the new sled!!!... I'm riding the old XP

1606709197413.png

again NOT ME on the new Expert...

1606709396865.png

snow angels were needed

1606709485644.png

FlyingW

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dayton, WA
For the ride across the mountain on Saturday we probably won't go much beyond the Bone Springs warming shelter. There is no dine in at the store due to Oregon governor orders. I don't know if anyone wants to order food and sit in the snow. May as well bring food and stop in the warming shelter. I have been told it will be open. The deepest snow is out there so will only be getting less going in. There will be no grooming and the wheelers HSBC been enjoying running around out there and without fresh snow there will be ruts. Probably leave the SnoPark about 9 am. There maybe burgers at the Godman shelter. I'll find out later this week but it will be opened up as well as gates on Saturday morning.

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
For the ride across the mountain on Saturday we probably won't go much beyond the Bone Springs warming shelter. There is no dine in at the store due to Oregon governor orders. I don't know if anyone wants to order food and sit in the snow. May as well bring food and stop in the warming shelter. I have been told it will be open. The deepest snow is out there so will only be getting less going in. There will be no grooming and the wheelers HSBC been enjoying running around out there and without fresh snow there will be ruts. Probably leave the SnoPark about 9 am. There maybe burgers at the Godman shelter. I'll find out later this week but it will be opened up as well as gates on Saturday morning.

so an easy peasy ride to Bone Springs that a rookie could do??

FlyingW

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dayton, WA
I haven't been up there Mike to know the conditions in the back area. Usually the areas are short enough we can get everyone through. The wheelers have been to Table Rock a week or so ago with little new snow. Covid won't let us eat at the store.

I do know SnoPark is plowed. Supposed to groom to Godman today. Shelter and gates will be opened Saturday that aren't already open. Bluewood was opening some gates yesterday. Your granddaughter can probably ride better than catboy.

Not really an advertised ride so I think I had one riding with me. I know a couple are going to Godman. Otherwise it would be catnip (thanks auto correct I had to leave it for catboy) you, your granddaughter, Drew and I unless carboy brings a daughter too. It is an inclusive ride though so small and not going to do anything foolish. Bring food and if things go good we could run to tollgate if you want to. There will be no grooming over there though and snow gets less deep past Bone Springs. It is 18 miles from Bone Springs to tollgate. It is 25 miles from Touchet Corral to Bone Springs.

If tough we can ride a different direction for all to enjoy.

FlyingW

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dayton, WA
Bluewood just called and groomed to Godman, Chase Mountain, and Gravel Pile at Griffin Peak.

Premium Features