• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Blues - 21/22

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
So we had a better day then old plummy. We rode out of Bluewood. The parking lot was half full when we got there. Brian and I met up with some newbies that threw in the towel by the time we got to the top of the old grade (500 trail). The snow was magical. 2 plus feet of sugar dry powder on top on a pretty good base. Don’t get me wrong you can still hit crap. There were a couple time we got off and sunk to our armpits. The two lonely cats were the only ones to make it to Godman. Brian will be a damn rockstar by February if he keeps progressing at this rate. Oh and the alpha just keeps getting better!B839038F-2FD8-46CD-BCB5-4403ABF56F6E.jpegF227346F-913B-463B-94E1-E63790307834.jpegB5CE2D92-F75C-4944-BEA5-55611959A187.jpeg4370294D-2642-453E-8367-64DCCB805EC5.jpeg5758919C-5F83-4F83-AF84-BA551423168C.png

FlyingW

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dayton, WA
That is a long ways out in the middle of nowhere to get anyone to come in to plow a road. The annual budget to plow the road is less than the mobilization fee to even get many moved and set up there. The last few years it has been a farmer that lives up there and his dozer that has opened the road. When he is a one man show he might be too busy to do the plowing work. I take it there is no logs coming out that way from the fire this summer?

FlyingW

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dayton, WA
I'm glad to hear Brian is enjoying the snow. Also happy to hear the Alpha is improving because anything is better than the pit that was common to see it in. I guess when a cat has to do its business it has to dig a hole. ?

1715C6F5-0500-4EBC-81E2-B421D624D3D5.jpeg

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
That is a long ways out in the middle of nowhere to get anyone to come in to plow a road. The annual budget to plow the road is less than the mobilization fee to even get many moved and set up there. The last few years it has been a farmer that lives up there and his dozer that has opened the road. When he is a one man show he might be too busy to do the plowing work. I take it there is no logs coming out that way from the fire this summer?
no one logging... I keep asking why I even ride in Washington...

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
It is not that you ride in Washington. It is that you ride the wrong place in Washington. But you can’t fix some people., like skidoo riders for example. ?

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
Ride Report 1/9/22
Out of Cloverland. We parked about 5-6 miles from the FS border as the county road is not plowed and impassable due to drifts. It is a skating ring until you get the the parking lot and then the snow softens up.. No grooming, 3 feet at the marker, about 6 inches of powder on top of a base... pretty much everything is tracked up. Burgers at the cabin were first rate!!!

weather was great!

1641837195679.png

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
Ride Report 1/13/22 Rose Springs

Just a quick ride with a young grandchild... road is plowed to the parking lot and the trails are groomed. Snow is very spring like.. recent rains removed a lot of the white stuff.

1642269330635.png

Last edited:

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Ok today “we” rode out of Touchet Corral. It wasn’t about the quality of snow or how many times a skidoo got stuck or anything like that. Today was about being on the mountain, getting a burger and enjoying a friend that we are really lucky is still with us.

Drew and I ushered Glenn to the mountain for the first time this year. For those that don’t know Glenn was in the hospital for 42 days this fall with COVID. It was serious enough that I hated everytime his brother Bill (one of my best friends) called as I always feared the worst.

Glenn is out of the hospital and working hard at therapy to regain his strength. I got to see Glenn for the first time last week when I picked Bill for his first ride of the year after having hip replacement. Glenn is 2/3s of the man that he used to be. He was in great spirits and very humble. He was so thankful that his wife let him drive the 4 miles by himself to the orchard to see us last weekend. At this point I figured if he got to ride to Godman the first week of March he would be doing amazing.

Wednesday morning I received a text from Glenn asking if I was up to helping him get to Godman for a Jake burger on Saturday? I thought he must be joking so I called Bill and he confirmed that Glenn was serious. I wasn’t sure it was a good idea and I had hesitation but I was in. If he wanted this, I was going to help. I was also going to be the voice of reason and the ‘medical’ person just in case things did not go as intended. Did I mention I brought my cell phone, spot and fire radio just in case.

So this morning we picked him up at his house. His wife had a very concerned look on her face as she handed me the 2 bottles of oxygen. She was sending a spare just in case. He promised to me and her that he would behave. Did I mention he was riding his new turbo?

So when we got to the parking lot I got a oxygen bottle strapped to the back of the turbo and we seemed to ready. At that point we had to wait for the crowd to clear because the 2 stroke smoke was causing him breathing problems. I think he was just taking it all in. ? Finally we got headed up the trail, not 100 yards up the trail I saw a 50 yard rooster tail coming from the turbo. So much for behaving.
A mile up the road I see him stand up on his sled, lay the hammer down as the skis go into the air four feet. So much for behaving. He then shoots the bank to go over to the Chase road. When he get to the road, that is when reality set in. He was needing to take a break to catch his breath. That is when he tells me he forgot his spO2 monitor. (I almost called it at this point) After 20 plus minutes he catches his breath and he agrees to take it easier until we get to Godman. We proceeded, stopping every 2 miles to let the turbo cool down and so he could catch his breath.

We finally made it to Godman where we got Glenn first oxygen and then a burger. On the way back we only had to stop to stop once.
Glenn had a perma-grin all day. I am positive he would do it again tomorrow if we were going.

It is a day that I will never forget. Spending time with a great friend on the mountain. A81E5F59-AF82-4552-BEA1-87616D74FE4C.jpegC9E04FA0-45F4-4CA2-B1A3-8CFB30ACFE9D.jpeg13333512-E3C9-47E5-842A-99AD3A8DE9AB.jpeg8FF6BCC5-AFFC-4828-A7EB-101B16020FE1.jpeg

Last edited:

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
2012 I suddenly went from strong as an ox to needing someone to lift my head off my pillow. Six months of hell and a neck fusion later I thought my life would never be the same.

An extremely amazing doc got me into a leatte brace and encouraged me to start sledding again.

Your story just walked me back through that first ride again and I can tell you it’s miraculous. Flipped my life back on as quickly as it was taken. I’ll never forget topping out on the first peak and realizing I had a lot of life left to live. Kicked my ass and took years to recover, still some things I’ll never do again but figured out to move on.

Thanks for the share and the patience to help a friend feel alive again.

Best wishes to a full recovery.

FlyingW

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dayton, WA
Thank you Rob for helping get me to Godman for a burger and to enjoy the mountains. With all the therapy I have been to thanks for adding some throttle therapy time. It was one small step physically but a giant leap mentally. I am humbled by all the help people have been offering and I am truly thankful for everything. It has been quite the change of script from being able to take care of about anything that came before me to having an idea and relying on others to help me implement them. Again thanks for a great day. I slept great and with a smile on my face.

Rob attaching my oxygen.
20220115_100805.jpg
Thanks Buddy!
20220115_101131.jpg

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
Ride Report 1/23/22 Cloverland
We parked at Hewett Addition as we were testing/tuning vintage iron for racing next weekend at Priest Lake... Road is plowed others told us the road and snow park is plowed. Snow is frozen

FlyingW

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dayton, WA
Good luck to the PlumNuts team at Priest Lake. Make sure your ice picks are all sharpened up. I pulled my SS out at Tollgate and they wouldn't penetrate the ice after getting dull from Sumpter last winter. The road behind my place is pretty well packed with ice. I don't have the strength to hold on for a race so will be sitting this year out.

20220122_165437.jpg

20220122_165343.jpg

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
Good luck to the PlumNuts team at Priest Lake. Make sure your ice picks are all sharpened up. I pulled my SS out at Tollgate and they wouldn't penetrate the ice after getting dull from Sumpter last winter. The road behind my place is pretty well packed with ice. I don't have the strength to hold on for a race so will be sitting this year out.

We have new traction on three of the sleds, tonight Kolbie was sharpening the picks on her 340

1643348430859.png

FlyingW

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dayton, WA
Heck of a time for her to check the aim of the camera. Tell her to get it done in staging so she could start lapping the competition. Great job Kolbie! ??

Last edited:

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
2/6/22 Ride Report Rose Springs
Great weather, great burgers at the cabin, great riding pardners! Trails are groomed, just shy of three feet of snow at the marker. Powder on top of the old stuff, actually not a bad day riding. Snow down low going fast... Great Flying W was out and about! Both Cats and Doos had some challenges...

1644208310203.png

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
Yesterday, local Priest Lake newspaper... that is our Kolbie in the inside lane, Stock 340 main race, turn 4... she took a 4th (and I believe she is the only woman that advanced to the main from the Saturday heat races) The Merc was faster than our Yamaha ET 340, but she held him off until the last lap... More racing this weekend!!

1644432511389.jpeg

Premium Features