• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The bike is coming home for some mid-season maintenance.

B
I do miss y'all and it is nice that (some) are thinking of me.

I did get a new Ski Doo Grand Touring Limited 600R at the end of last February and both kids and my wife got totally into riding, so much so that the wife spring ordered a 2020 Grand Touring Limited 900ACE so we could all ride in 2-up comfort as the machines are just as sublime to ride on the groomed/legal trails as it is riding the snowbike in the powder.

The hard part with this season so far is that this past January was the 3rd warmest month on record and just about no snow fell. Even now, while there is a great base on the trails and off-trail, there is not enough powder to really have the fun that I know is had while riding a snowbike.

I had to decide on either converting the Beta back to the snowbike, knowing full well that after my wife and I had dropped a combined $26K on snowmobiles, for me to go out and do what is really a solitary-activity as I can/could only ride with my BIL, and as the kids both(8 and 10) just got into skiing-we are staying the night after having skied all day today, I had decided to keep the Beta on the road and have been commuting back and forth to work on the bike-as I do all year, and since last March, I might have missed riding to work, maybe 3 total days, twice in December due to snow and once this past Thursday due to another light snowfall as we know that a dirtbike will not move on a snow covered road.

I do miss y'all. The past two winters were awesome with the snowbike and I'm definitely not getting out of it. I just need to wait for a couple of things to happen;

I get either a new 2020 Beta 500 RR-S or maybe a Zero Dual sport so I can then leave the 2017 Beta as a dedicated snowbike or, sometime I find the best FI 300 two stroke and leave THAT as a dedicated snowbike as after having tried my BIL's 2008 KTM 300 last winter, between the power, which was all I would ever need, and the much lighter weight and lighter overall feel/agility, I would be happy with a 300 two stroke but I also want/need FI.

Premium Features