• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

tensioner

fudge313

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2015
Finland
arcticcat oem.. for example check pantera 7000 chaincase.. i put that on my -18 mc....

yz250_

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
x3 on the belt drive.

ride and play. no messy oil changes and maintenance either

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Ran the yammi tensioner on my '14, but decided I better see what all this belt drive stuff is about on my '20

N
Nov 14, 2012
A few have came apart years back but have seen many in the last 3-4 years
”have seen” or “haven’t seen many” in the last few years? Just clarifying what your saying.

My 2015 auto tensioner failed at 300 Kim’s, but I caught it on an oil change. Buddies 2013 failed in the mountains and took everything out down there.

I haven’t heard much about the 2018 + sled but are the tensioners still an issue or they seem more reliable now? I’m a firm believe that the chain case is as reliable as the maintenance it receives..( change the oil once a year at least) belt drives are great for lower weight etc, but a CC will last for ever if maintained

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
”have seen” or “haven’t seen many” in the last few years? Just clarifying what your saying.

My 2015 auto tensioner failed at 300 Kim’s, but I caught it on an oil change. Buddies 2013 failed in the mountains and took everything out down there.

I haven’t heard much about the 2018 + sled but are the tensioners still an issue or they seem more reliable now? I’m a firm believe that the chain case is as reliable as the maintenance it receives..( change the oil once a year at least) belt drives are great for lower weight etc, but a CC will last for ever if maintained

don't know what or if anything change with the tensioner its self but 16 up team chains see to have less of the problems.

Premium Features