• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tampico 2018/2019

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
Don't be fooled. This is the DNR filing a complaint about snowmobilers while smiling at you & looking innocent in the process. Locking the gate isn't about safety either, it's about making it difficult for us snowmobilers. I didn't damage any asphalt & I don't particularly like being accused of it!

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
We don't need to give DNR any more reasons to dislike motorized user groups... They deal with a lot of BS and destruction up there all year round and anything we can do to leave a good impression of our group is very important.

Thank you all.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I’ll edit....
I’m all in for respecting other’s and all property and following rules.
But; A perfect impression left with DNR will do nothing to change their management. Beyond that, my opinion, is they are nothing more than puppets doing only what they are told-and not by the people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
S
Dec 12, 2013
That rings true for most government agencies. So DNR put up the snow birm to save them time and money, maybe now they can get by with fewer employees. Just a thought. They may deal with a lot of BS but I'm sorry that's their job.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Plenty deep
48325ea33578442f2c329d6a80192b57.jpg

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
About 3in of new up high.
Parking lots are ice. Trails are groomed but in the morning the snow was hard up to treephones
My sled never got warmer than 140°,
mostly 130's... till we could get off trail.

This week should bring a foot or two up high.

Scavenger hunt next weekend....!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Definitely a day for great memories. Not often do we get snow this deep and sun all day!

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Anyone know when Ahtanum gets groomed? Did not get groomed most of December and January due to low snow and now there is snow and roads are horrible. We rode today and the road out was brutal. Sure would like to see our money go to good use. At the rate of grooming he should be making about $5000.00 per day of grooming. Sure don't have a problem writing tickets for no park permits or discover pass and keeping us the users of the parks accountable for our actions but who keeps the groomer accountable for his. Seems anymore the grooming has become a scam just like most other government agency.

Sorry just had to vent, rant over

Premium Features