• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

t.p.s.

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
hi, guys. looking for help with tps. i bought a 2013 pro rmk with carls 900 big bore. i live in michigan so have to set it up for low elevation. i changed head and put 72 gram weights in it. runs great except now and then it bogs at mid to high rpm. it has a pcv on it so i checked the tps setting and it was off a little so i adjusted it. took it for a ride and bog was worse. went back home and now i cant get a reading for the tps. i tried pulling one off of another sled and same thing. now it bogs bad anytime i crack the throttle. almost runs like tps doesn't even work. could i halve blown a fuse or something?

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
hi, guys. looking for help with tps. i bought a 2013 pro rmk with carls 900 big bore. i live in michigan so have to set it up for low elevation. i changed head and put 72 gram weights in it. runs great except now and then it bogs at mid to high rpm. it has a pcv on it so i checked the tps setting and it was off a little so i adjusted it. took it for a ride and bog was worse. went back home and now i cant get a reading for the tps. i tried pulling one off of another sled and same thing. now it bogs bad anytime i crack the throttle. almost runs like tps doesn't even work. could i halve blown a fuse or something?
so last night i was looking for fuse, moving wires around, found the wpd fuse and pulled it out .it was good put it back in. then i hooked up laptop to pcv and the tps signal came right up. tried wiggling all the wires i messed with and couldnt get it the signal to go away so i set the tps again. now its been raining. when we get some more snow i will go test it out

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
so last night i was looking for fuse, moving wires around, found the wpd fuse and pulled it out .it was good put it back in. then i hooked up laptop to pcv and the tps signal came right up. tried wiggling all the wires i messed with and couldnt get it the signal to go away so i set the tps again. now its been raining. when we get some more snow i will go test it out

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
It was back to same original bogging. Took tps out of another sled and same thing. Had the shop run digital wrench on it. They said the voltage on the tps doesn't move fast when you flip the throttle. Same thing with other tps. Don't know if something else could be causing this? They are going to set tps tomorrow morning. See if that makes a difference.

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
Check the tps wire harness and plug. I had a 13 with a bad wire. There was only 3 strands of wire still connecting one of the wires to the TPS plug and I was getting some inaccurate readings. I spliced in a new tps connection but I'm still getting some inconsistent idling, no reverse and a bog around 5700 but not all the time. I'm going to try a different wire harnesses. This sled also had a Carl's 900 in it until it grenaded it's now back to a stock 800.

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
Check the tps wire harness and plug. I had a 13 with a bad wire. There was only 3 strands of wire still connecting one of the wires to the TPS plug and I was getting some inaccurate readings. I spliced in a new tps connection but I'm still getting some inconsistent idling, no reverse and a bog around 5700 but not all the time. I'm going to try a different wire harnesses. This sled also had a Carl's 900 in it until it grenaded it's now back to a stock 800.
All the wiring looked in good condition. Cleaned up connecters. Rode today and same thing, about 7300 rpm bogg. Below that it runs great. New tps ordered

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
back working on it again . is it possible to still have a plugged fuel filter, if the pressure stays at 58 all the time? my plugs look good but the egt guage is only getting up to about 850*

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
Still working on it, ran worse for couple rides. Leaned out the fuel map and put br9eya plugs in it it and it ran great for 3 short 20 mile rides, then next ride ran terrible again. Swapped t- map sensor with another sled. No change. Found this very hot but I don't know what it is. moved the wires all around and it ran a little better

Attachments

• IMG_20200418_162455920.jpg
    IMG_20200418_162455920.jpg
    533.8 KB · Views: 31

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
What the hell is that thing? Not stock. I would definitely relocate those grounds. Do yourself a huge favor. Run a ground wire from that useless ground to a chassis ground and clean your chassis grounds.

I think Steve up above led you to the water. Sure sounds like you have a wiring or connector problem. The wiring and the factory routing on these sleds was garbage. Now that these sleds are 7-8 years old and have been torn apart multiple times for engine overhauls, normal vibes, cheap wire, poor routing by factory causing pulling, etc, they are notorious for runnability and intermittent symptoms.

M
Feb 6, 2010
Munising, Mi.
thanks, put sled in storage now. will check out wiring real close and add a new ground in the fall when i get it back out. dont understand why i can hold it at 1/4 throttle or so and it will just run and run good until it gets to about 6200 rpm then loses power

Premium Features