• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SWITCH RELOCATION HELLPPP!

G
Jan 18, 2012
Looking for some info from you guys that have allready done this. first issue is sled is not operational so i cannot test for power to these wires making it muuuch simpler to figure this out. BUT you guys must remember something... or so im hoping

The wires that appear to run to the handwarmers
looking at my picture from RIGHT to LEFT
Yellow
White/green
yellow/brown
Blue/white
Blue

The wires for the plug leading to the headlight HI/LO switch;
looking at my picture from RIGHT to LEFT
Black
yellow/brown
Blue
White

i dont care if i know what each wire runs... all i need to know is which ones are POWER for lights and the handwarmer and which ones would be HI and LO for both the light and handwarmer.

thanks guys really hope someone can shed some light on this for me.

headlight plug.JPG Handwarmer plug.JPG

G

gjp

Oct 29, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
I attached the Wiring Diagrams for the Handlebar Switches and the Hood.
(attached images were resized/distorted - view PDF for high resolution--> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2_switches.pdf)

#7 Handwarmer Switch (3 wires):
Yellow/Brown, Green/white, Green/blue

#8 Thumbwarmer Switch
(3 wires):
Yellow/Brown, Yellow/Blue, White/Green

#5 Headlight Switch (3 wires):
Yellow/Violet, Blue, White

Testing Handlebar Warmer/Thumb Warmer Switch
1. Remove the handlebar pad.
2. Remove the four screws securing the left-side handlebar control assembly; then remove the control assembly from the handlebar.
3. Disconnect the handlebar/thumb warmer harness from the switch.
4. With the thumb warmer toggle in the low position, connect one ohmmeter lead to pin (C) and the other ohmmeter lead to pin (B). The meter must read 1 ohm or less resistance.
5. With the thumb warmer toggle in the high position, connect one ohmmeter lead to pin (C) and the other ohmmeter lead to pin (A). The meter must read 1 ohm or less resistance.
NOTE: If either test does not read within specification, replace the complete control assembly.
6. With the handwarmer toggle in the low position, connect one ohmmeter lead to pin (C) and the other ohmmeter lead to pin (D). The meter must read 1 ohm or less resistance.
7. With the handwarmer toggle in the high position, connect one ohmmeter lead to pin (C) and the other ohmmeter lead to pin (E). The meter must read 1 ohm or less resistance.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
bump

Anybody have any larger images of these? They're hard to read at the displayed resolution.

We're in a drought here so I'm finally going to ditch goofy switches on my sled. Mostly just need the diagram for the warmer/headlight contraption.

Premium Features