• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Swapping out tmotion with 09 XP rear arms

Hey guys, got a 165 summit x, and I've had the lockout washers in and have been worried about the added stress and known failures from using these. I was gonna buy a true lockout but found a guy parting out a couple 08/09 summits that could sell me the skid parts. My question is, is the geometry the same? Is it a direct swap between the two sleds with rear arms? I should add, I also have a zrp offset rear link, which i assume will have to get switched out as well to the stock piece for that arm to bolt up to? Who's done the delete like this that could give some help?

IMG_20201108_130426.jpg

Squirreler

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
The geometry of the arms is the same as near as I can tell I have an 08 rear suspension arm but the mount point for the 2 aluminum rods that kinda run along the shock are at different locations on mine. I will just do some cutting and welding to put the mount point in same location. The pictures show the older arm the mount point for aluminum rods is much closer to the main arm. Hope this helps you.
52ed8af69719e1b72a400a3f86f4fdab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squirreler

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
The geometry of the arms is the same as near as I can tell I have an 08 rear suspension arm but the mount point for the 2 aluminum rods that kinda run along the shock are at different locations on mine. I will just do some cutting and welding to put the mount point in same location. The pictures show the older arm the mount point for aluminum rods is much closer to the main arm. Hope this helps you.
52ed8af69719e1b72a400a3f86f4fdab.jpg

This being said there are some xp arms that are a direct fit I believe seeing pictures of 2013 free ride I believe is identical but isn’t tmotion and there is other years that have same part numbers as the free ride arm.

This being said there are some xp arms that are a direct fit I believe seeing pictures of 2013 free ride I believe is identical but isn’t tmotion and there is other years that have same part numbers as the free ride arm.

Okay sweet thanks for the comparison pics?? I'll def keep my eye out for one of those sleds gettin parted out instead

Squirreler

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Ya definitely I paid $20 for mine so figured I didn’t lose anything and can mess with it and try to make it work but wish I’d of known the difference sooner.

Premium Features