• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Supreme court thread

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Between Ruth Gator Binsford dying, and the hysteria over her replacement, we may as well get a thread going.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
This may be your shortest thread ever Mafesto. The republicans will confirm Barett. You would be better off starting a thread on the integrity of Moscow Mitch if you want a debate

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I hope you're right.
Just thought that kicking the nest might stir up a few hornets.
You know me, always promoting thoughtful dialog.
How could i not be Democrats don't have the votes and have said their is nothing they can do to stop it. Murkowski and Collins are doing their normal OMG!!!! i can't vote for this like they have done on all of the last important votes in the senate Only to follow Moscow Mitch in voting along party lines. Its a done deal.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Nope for two reasons. The Biggest One is that Republicans themselves made a huge stink saying that the people in November should determine who is appointed to the highest court. This basically was saying that the President did not have the right to pick a judge close to any election, even though the constitution gives him that right. Yet here they are now ramming a appointment though that surely will shape the court for a generation considering she is in her 40's and this time we are 1 month away from an election and people have already started to cast their votes for who they want to run this country for the next 4 years. This is the exact reason people hate politics in this country. A politicians word means nothing when their own power is at stake. That goes for both sides. The other reason we have already agreed to disagree on and there is no need to go any further on that one.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I appreciate the reply.
To be fair, had the dems had the Senate in '16 we both know full well they would have proceeded.
Well the right holds the White House and and the Senate and therefore should proceed to do their jobs.
We may not have an opportunity like this again for decades.
This has the potential to save tens of thousands of lives. That seems worthwhile.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
My point they should have proceeded to do their job in 2016 and held hearings on the presidents pick regardless of whether or not that person was ever confirmed. Instead the Head of the Senate came out and said on record that he would not do his job and they proceeded not to do their job for 11 months soley based on their sound belief that a sitting president should not pick a justice in an election year. It also adds weight to my point that they put their party and power before the county as a whole and that is wrong.

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
I appreciate the reply.
To be fair, had the dems had the Senate in '16 we both know full well they would have proceeded.
Well the right holds the White House and and the Senate and therefore should proceed to do their jobs.
We may not have an opportunity like this again for decades.
This has the potential to save tens of thousands of lives. That seems worthwhile.
This reminds me of obama’s two terms, all democrats & leftists were happy and content with our election system that has been in place for hundreds of years. Then 2016 hits and Trump wins, the dems/left are outraged and demand the electoral college abolished!!! Funny how when the situation is too their liking its all fine but the second they dont like the outcome they demand it all changed to fit their desires/agenda. :unsure:

Premium Features