• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Superclamps

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Are they worth it?
Building a flat bed for my pickup. Superclamps would be super easy to use but super expensive

Could weld some nuts in the floor and build a screw style too

Any other ideas?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Steel bars with bolts are for young guys that still climb around like monkeys, superclamps are for old guys that can't fold and twist into pretzels... i have superclamps and i like them. I have a deck inside the bed of my truck, its nice being able to stand next to my truck and clamp the skis down. Different skis require adjustments so, u gotta adjust the clamps which negates the speed and ease of the clamp vs the bolt

Superclamps are expensive and u gotta hide them when not in use. Bars and bolts can be left on the bed with little worry about theft.

Sent it

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
One of those things im not sure why i waited 15 years of riding to get. They work a lot better and just do a lot better job keeping things held still.

Crank downs are good until the sled can creep back a tiny bit then because you don't have spring loaded pressure just becomes loose over the thinner front section of the skis,.

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
Echoing everyone else but hells yeah! Especially when it snows a couple inches when you get back to the truck. I hated trying to find the holes, screw in full of snow and ice. Now I just walk up to the sled deck, drop it on my skis, pull lever to engadge the loop and done!

H
Oct 14, 2009
Appleton Maine
Got front and rear clamps and its the best thing I like about my deck! my buddy does not have them and we go in his truck he has to jump up and ***** with them. I can clamp my sleds down and be on my way by the time he gets ones sled secured in his truck. BUY them and dont look back

jonathanlo

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2018
Weiser, ID
I just ordered a brand new front the other day for about $165 shipped (included the bolt as well). Much easier and quicker than the screw type.

jonathanlo

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2018
Weiser, ID
dang! I looked all over the place for a cheaper one. Oh well. Better than the $220 any dealership wants.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Shade tree has been around for about forever too. I remember in the mid nintys I'd drool over their sales flyer I'd get in the mail. I remember I would fill out the mail in order form like a Xmas wish list with necessities like colored windshield trim, running board trim, headlight covers, handle bar hooks. Ya know everything a twelve year old flatlander needs

T
May 16, 2019
IMO it’s one of those things you “splurge” on, then once you have ‘em you can’t believe ya waited soooooo long to buy. They are so easy, quick, painless.
I love em, I’d buy them again without hesitation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features