• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summit X 850 Expert package Reviews

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Who has seat time on the expert package? Please post up your post ride thoughts If you have gotten a chance to ride it. Usually there are some unbiased reviews out there by now, but not really finding much!

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Dont you guys think it’s unusual that they are not interviewing and doing official demos? I don’t know, I agree 15k is a lot when 19 SPs are going for much less and you can just upgrade some parts if you want. I’m so on the fence, my 17 is set up and works awesome but warranty is up soon, so not sure what to do.

snosumitcsr

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trout Lake Washington
It’s stupid to give the new ride to the so called ambassadors to ride instead of doing demo rides with real buyers. I could give two s—ts watching them ride and posting how great they are. Get the dam sled on the snow for us to try before the snow melts Ski Doo!!! It’s redicous to only get to look at them on this stupid tour they do.

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
akmining on instagram had the following comments (they are a Doo dealer so might be biased but nonetheless):

"What we liked most about the @skidooofficial Summit X with Expert Package is the way this new sled holds an edge so effortlessly. It will turn back up hill by just looking where you want it to go. The new lightweight spindle, ski-stopper and suspension changes really make a difference in the behavior of the sled on a steep angle slope like this, making picking your route seem easy."

"The single most noticeable new feature on this Expert sled is the tunnel change. With the shortened rear tunnel the sled truly feels more nimble, there is significant less drag on the rear end in deep powder and yes you can feel it in the handlebars! So much less snow in the tunnel makes for increased track speeds, less sticks, and way more fun! If you are wondering weather it’s a worthy reason to upgrade we are telling you here without a doubt it’s worth it! Stay tuned for testimonials!"

"The reaction folks are having to how much more predictable and how easy the @skidooofficial Summit Expert is to ride is off the chart! Now that we have had it in some DEEP snow there is no comparison. The changes to the front suspension in addition to the shorter tunnel make this sled feel totally different in the deep. “You can feel the shorter tunnel in the handlebars” in a sense you can tell that there is was less drag out back when it’s deep."

"The maneuverability of this sled over the current Summit X is unmatched. It’s light on its feet and easy to handle on the steep slopes."

Last edited:

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I’m torn between getting the Expert, or trying the 840 RMK. Riding a 17 Doo 850X now, and it’s time to update. They are basically the same money, so may have to flip a coin.

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
8f11db7f390efde8b5777a6c6d0bf425.jpg

I wish they had taken a shot of the front of the running boards
Where the snow piles up..
I think it’s completely open now, no snow build up

Whoops! Could have cropped the top off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
The Doo ambassadors always will be biased. Every yr during a sled release the changes are a game changer , no matter how much changed. Best sled ever.

All we have is are reputation, so not sure we can lie otherwise you would never listen to us again. we are also lucky to get to ride the new stuff sometimes very early and we all vary in our ride abilities and who we might help with our thoughts, as always they are our thoughts, and we base things off of what we believe to be better or improvements. I have yet to see technology go backwards in the 10 years I have been involved with BRP, every year the sleds have had improvements that allows the majority of sledder to have more fun with greater ease, all a good thing. There are only 5 experts in existence for riding so you wont be seeing them at many demos, there are also no parts for them so we choose wisely between someone who actually knows how to test and show the advancements over someone who's idea is to wreak something to show how rad they are. You will see more I guarentee. These sleds are in very low numbers and expensive without parts so we are trying to do the best with what we have, it is not to deny people that is for sure. Snow Shoot is going on now and the media and others have been riding them. Pat from Sledder Mag did a great piece. If you have any questions you can always shoot them to me pm here or dave@davenorona.com cheers dave

Last edited:

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
it's not about lying its about being biased and loyal to your employer.

I work for a water treatment company and we fabricate our own skids, do you honestly think I will tell a part or an assembly is junk in front of a customer? no because they pay me to represent them. They will take my comments/feedback internally tho.

don't take it personally it's how business works

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
All we have is are reputation, so not sure we can lie otherwise you would never listen to us again. we are also lucky to get to ride the new stuff sometimes very early and we all vary in our ride abilities and who we might help with our thoughts, as always they are our thoughts, and we base things off of what we believe to be better or improvements. I have yet to see technology go backwards in the 10 years I have been involved with BRP, every year the sleds have had improvements that allows the majority of sledder to have more fun with greater ease, all a good thing. There are only 5 experts in existence for riding so you wont be seeing them at many demos, there are also no parts for them so we choose wisely between someone who actually knows how to test and show the advancements over someone who's idea is to wreak something to show how rad they are. You will see more I guarentee. These sleds are in very low numbers and expensive without parts so we are trying to do the best with what we have, it is not to deny people that is for sure. Snow Shoot is going on now and the media and others have been riding them. Pat from Sledder Mag did a great piece. If you have any questions you can always shoot them to me pm here or dave@davenorona.com cheers dave

So Skidoo wouldn’t lie..
Narona wouldn’t lie..
Cant let a moron “me”ride a prototype..
But spring check the sled! it’s great!
Great job Dave!
Makes me want to ride f’ing Cat
Asshat!

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
it's not about lying its about being biased and loyal to your employer.

I work for a water treatment company and we fabricate our own skids, do you honestly think I will tell a part or an assembly is junk in front of a customer? no because they pay me to represent them. They will take my comments/feedback internally tho.

don't take it personally it's how business works

No, you just described how you work!

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
"So Skidoo wouldn’t lie..
Narona wouldn’t lie..
Cant let a moron “me”ride a prototype..
But spring check the sled! it’s great!
Great job Dave!
Makes me want to ride f’ing Cat
Asshat!"

Where are the Arctic cat 2020 Demo's and when are you riding one?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Looked at the expert at west. Doo did more than any of the manufacturers this year. If you like the gen 4 you should love the expert.
You guys want people to come on here and give you the skinny and when they do you trash on them. They are here to push the positives. Should make sense if your not braindead. What if I told you I rode it? What good would that do. You don't know me or how I ride or what I like.

Premium Features