• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summit or Lynx for next sled?

A

AlpineSMB

Oct 15, 2008
After too long without a sled for BC Ski access I got the OK to snow check a sled for next season. Would be used here in the Tetons and surrounding areas... 2up use with either my other half or one of the kids.... Last sled was a ‘14 Summit X 163, looking at either the new 165 Summit X or perhaps the Lynx 4100. The more robust suspension of the Lynx looks appealing with the thought of a Ski/Board rack weighing things down and periodic 2up use. Thoughts on the 2? Will also be used for POW day play sessions too....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
I have 2020 Summit X 165. By far the best sled I've ever got for sled access. I'm not sure about the Lynx, I might get chance to demo it out this weekend. As far as my Summit X I couldn't be happier. Really solid on the tandems, plenty of power for big climbs and I haven't really had issues with suspension bottoming with during the 2up. And sledding whoa momma is it fun. I love how I can just crawl through deep pow. My last sled was Polaris RMK-Pro and while it was damn maneuverable it sucked bouncing out of trenches and was way tippy on the tandem. I think the Gen4 Skidoos are the best platform for sled access for sure.

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
Agreed skidoo is the best for tandem. Personally I think the XP/XM is even better platform for tandem than Gen4 but the 850 engine is just so strong I forget about it. We rotate all 3 platforms on a regular day.

Anyway in theory I think the Lynx will be even better than the Gen4 for tandem. The suspension is beefy and the skis look way different than what Skidoo uses.

Report back if you try it!

A

AlpineSMB

Oct 15, 2008
Great feedback Thanks! No bad choices.... I Look forward to hearing a fellow skier/boarder’s thought on the Lynx, hope you get a chance to get out on one. And besides it’s RED

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I just wouldn't get the new 34 inch front end. That is probably only on the expert. I rode the lynx and liked it better than the doo.i don't ski but would think the lynx suspension would be better suited to tandem than t motion. The lynx is also easier to get on edge and keep there when riding single. Guessing the doo is a fair amount cheaper. Assuming all accessories interchange.

A
Feb 2, 2023
Rotterdam
After too long without a sled for BC Ski access I got the OK to snow check a sled for next season. Would be used here in the Tetons and surrounding areas... 2up use with either my other half or one of the kids.... Last sled was a ‘14 Summit X 163, looking at either the new 165 Summit X or perhaps the Lynx 4100. The more robust suspension of the Lynx looks appealing with the thought of a Ski/Board rack weighing things down and periodic 2up use. Thoughts on the 2? Will also be used for POW day play sessions too....

It seems you have been given the green light to purchase a new snowmobile for use in the Tetons and nearby areas. You are considering either a 165 Summit X or Lynx 4100, taking into consideration the fact that the sled will be used for both 2-up riding and carrying a ski/board rack. The robust suspension of the Lynx 4100 is attractive due to its potential to handle the added weight. It sounds like you are looking for advice on which sled would be the best fit for your needs, considering its use for 2-up riding, carrying a ski/board rack, and POW day play sessions.

Premium Features