• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summit Neo

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Hey anybody ridden the Neo yet? Headed to the dealer to pick up our new Neo + tomorrow. My hope is it is going to be a great tweener sled. We have a modified Polaris Evo right now - great little sled but I had to do $1,500 worth of work to it to make a decent little mountain sled and it is still carbureted.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
So you already had an evo and wanted ANOTHER tweener sled?

Why did you choose the NEO over the blast?

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Price mostly - AND my favorite dealer sells both Ski Doo and Polaris but not Cat
Didn't want another EVO because of the carburetor
I'm hoping the smaller body will help my daughter-in-law be less intimidated so she will ride with us more because then my son will get to ride some more. ;)

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
We got a neo + a couple weeks ago. I hopped it last weekend and dropped down into a fairly steep zone. Side hilled around on it, paneled it out, did a downhill turn and came up out of it and that thing is an impressive little booger. Layer of ice 12" down was rough, but still awesome. Sounds really cool too, oddly enough!

Kids and wife love it! Expansion chamber and can, it will be pushing 95hp.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
We got a neo + a couple weeks ago. I hopped it last weekend and dropped down into a fairly steep zone. Side hilled around on it, paneled it out, did a downhill turn and came up out of it and that thing is an impressive little booger. Layer of ice 12" down was rough, but still awesome. Sounds really cool too, oddly enough!

When i was playing with my daughters neo i hadn't even tried my wife's 9r. Told my buddy to ride it and I'll see what the neo is about. I had a blast, which is funny, because i just got done bitching about the mountain max because it was 600 rpm low. It was fun because i just kept trying things you wouldn't think it would pull off and it did. Great sled. Way better than the venom imo. Do you know what is supposed to pull for rpm?

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
When i was playing with my daughters neo i hadn't even tried my wife's 9r. Told my buddy to ride it and I'll see what the neo is about. I had a blast, which is funny, because i just got done bitching about the mountain max because it was 600 rpm low. It was fun because i just kept trying things you wouldn't think it would pull off and it did. Great sled. Way better than the venom imo. Do you know what is supposed to pull for rpm?
I’ll check and keep an eye on the RPMs next time, but I really didn’t pay attention because I was impressed with what It could do.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I’ll check and keep an eye on the RPMs next time, but I really didn’t pay attention because I was impressed with what It could do.
I was only getting 6300. Got to be in mid 7s. I was at 9500 ft. My buddy changed clutching. Still was impressed. Venom was a joke at that elevation even after weight were drilled since you couldn't get them. Needs geared down and narrower front end. Couldn't hardly sidehill it. Wants to right itself back flat which surprised me with alpha rail

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
I was only getting 6300. Got to be in mid 7s. I was at 9500 ft. My buddy changed clutching. Still was impressed. Venom was a joke at that elevation even after weight were drilled since you couldn't get them. Needs geared down and narrower front end. Couldn't hardly sidehill it. Wants to right itself back flat which surprised me with alpha rail
Interesting, I was pretty impressed how it would side hill. You can narrow up the skis, at least it looks like you could just put the two bushings on the outside.?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Interesting, I was pretty impressed how it would side hill. You can narrow up the skis, at least it looks like you could just put the two bushings on the outside.?
Neo sidehills like a dream. My daughter's neo is centered. Leaving it there for a while. Kept one venom so she can bring a friend so she is not just hanging out with old people.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Neo sidehills like a dream. My daughter's neo is centered. Leaving it there for a while. Kept one venom so she can bring a friend so she is not just hanging out with old people.
Sorry, thought you were talking about the neo and not the venom. Was refraining from saying you must suck?? I’ll leave that for Chad???‍♂️

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
When riding the venom i was thinking i must suck. I had an audience so i had to pull it off, which i did, but it wasn't easy. Then my buddy rode it and thought same thing. It was set at full width which was 39 i think. I kicked 39 inch pros on edge like nothing and thought who needs a 36. Must be getting soft. Reminds me of an xp.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Any reports on the Neo after riding for the last month?
More importantly does anybody have any videos of kids rocking it on a Neo? A picture is worth a thousand words and a video is worth a million.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA

Help us dummies understand better your plan for getting a Neo to 95 HP. The website lists them at 40 HP and 55 HP. If you really could, fairly easily get them to 95 HP, that is a BIG DEAL that the world needs to know about.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Here are a few clips of my 14yo and 11yo on the Neo. First time throwing a leg on it for my little guy.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
That's funny that you mention your venom doesn't want to be sidehilled. My buddy has a Blast and has had the opposite experience. In fact, when I tell him I'm going to get a Blast LTD soon with the narrower front end he acts like that might be TOO narrow.
He does agree with the weights and gear down. He has now tried the weights first, and says it helped, but we are thinking a gear down is the final touch to make it really rock.

He has quite a few videos for demo. Here is one that focuses on his oldest boy on the Blast and his younger boy on the Freestyle.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Help us dummies understand better your plan for getting a Neo to 95 HP. The website lists them at 40 HP and 55 HP. If you really could, fairly easily get them to 95 HP, that is a BIG DEAL that the world needs to know about.

All you need to do is add this,

And

This expansion chamber,

Honestly not sure if any ecu mods are required.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
All you need to do is add this,

And

This expansion chamber,

Honestly not sure if any ecu mods are required.
Wow, SLP right there is saying that just that pipe is worth 25 HP.
Now I'm curious as to what the difference is on the 40 HP versions and what it looks like to get those engines up to par.
This is a pretty big deal. If we are a pipe away from the Neo being a 90HP machine, that really changes the competitive dynamic between it and the blast.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
That's funny that you mention your venom doesn't want to be sidehilled. My buddy has a Blast and has had the opposite experience. In fact, when I tell him I'm going to get a Blast LTD soon with the narrower front end he acts like that might be TOO narrow.
He does agree with the weights and gear down. He has now tried the weights first, and says it helped, but we are thinking a gear down is the final touch to make it really rock.

He has quite a few videos for demo. Here is one that focuses on his oldest boy on the Blast and his younger boy on the Freestyle.

I can sidehill it and did but I'm 185 pounds and have had 2 alphas and a mountain max. It fights you and wants to right itself back flat like xps always did. They denied it also so i would take them on a nasty sidehill and stop in front of them. Skis would fall downhill, heading for some hell hole. I would just laugh. I did not play with suspension. It's a kids sled. My daughter flopped it on its side one day so i rolled it over. Was going to spin it around on the side of the hill and set it up for her. Tunnel was dragging in the snow so bad it wouldn't hardly do it. I guess what I'm getting at is the neo is like a regular sled with less power and set up for kids. Didn't do anything to it. I'm sure I'm short on r's so it's only going to get better. Venom doesn't have even close to right stuff out of gate. Everything is always backordered. I know blame covid. Sick of hearing that. Combine that with a bumper and better front end and hopefully upgradeable it's a no brainer. The blast and venom are like 2012 cat. Should have waited until 14 and put a little more thought into it.

Premium Features