• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

suggested clutch belt

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
what is the suggested/recommended clutch belt now? is it the 16
i have read a few threads that say the belt is very hard and grooving clutches. concerning
what are you clutch experts running?
thanks

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
1216 is the new OEM belt from Polaris
yes, i know. just wondering if that is the go to? posts were saying it is incredibly hard and grooving clutches. also hard to get a bite on.
i did notice 2x last ride that the belt slipped

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
yes, i know. just wondering if that is the go to? posts were saying it is incredibly hard and grooving clutches. also hard to get a bite on.
i did notice 2x last ride that the belt slipped

The belt is hard in order to deal with the torque of the 850 and some of the clutch misalignments that the sleds are leaving the factory with. I never ran the stock clutching in the deep.

TRS clutching and stock belt is working awesome. I have the Gates to try also--- Tony (TRS) said to expect a couple of hundred rpm less with the Gates. I'm running a 110-290 primary spring with stock 1216 belt and getting 8200-8250 rpm. I will go back to 120-320 primary spring with Gates to counteract rpm loss.

Heading to McCall in a couple of hours for more testing.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
The 216 is a tough SOB. lol. it gives up grip for durability.

Gates 47C, definately not speced exactly for the sleds but works damn good. even on stock sleds.

@TRS Im sure Tony can chime in and help you out on options.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
stock sled, stock clutching for 7000-9000 ft. sled has 80 miles, 6.1 hours on it. turns 8100-8150 max rpm. clutches aligned with TRS tool
seems like not getting full shift out? thoughts?
image1.jpegimage0.jpegimage2.jpeg

gdwrnch10

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
northern Utah
Have 1300 miles on stock belt. No wear on the clutches. Still no wear on belt compared to a new one. Stock clutching riding in the mountains of northern Utah. Tried the gates belt I ran on my 800 and lost 5-600 rpms

Premium Features