• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stronger option for rear wheels

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
I’ve now blown the rear wheels out in three axys skids. I don’t blame it on Polaris. They seam to hold up fine on most sleds I see. I just keep breaking them and need a stronger option. This time was coming off a large hit landing flat. Not on purpose. Just having too much fun.

I have an Iceage rear axle that holds four wheels I will probably try. It runs two in between the rails and two on the outside. I’ve seen one axle that runs all four wheels on the inside but don’t know who makes it.

Also who makes the best wheels? I’ve thought of running billet, but don’t know if they work good. I’ve heard they hold snow and cause issues with the snow/ice build up. Are the issues worse than the plastic ones that bend is my question? Are some plastic ones better than others.

image.jpg

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Those look like the stock arctic cat wheels

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
They’re the 8” Iceage on Polaris axle. Sorry I said they were Polaris wheels. I did it on my other sled with Polaris wheels too.

Sorry, I meant the mtn tek ones look like arctic cat wheels.

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
To be clear, can you run the 8" wheels on the stock axle and stock rails ?
I'm in need of a new set and would like the slightly large wheel.

Premium Features