• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Still waiting?

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Polaris's fault or the dealerships fault?
Dealership. Had them rebuild my clutch, and when it came back, it looked like somebody went at it with a grinder and flap wheel. They did get me a new one, and Lord only knows what happened, but definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. I do almost all my own wrenching anyway, so except for big stuff like a motor going down, warranties don't add much value.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Dealership. Had them rebuild my clutch, and when it came back, it looked like somebody went at it with a grinder and flap wheel. They did get me a new one, and Lord only knows what happened, but definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. I do almost all my own wrenching anyway, so except for big stuff like a motor going down, warranties don't add much value.
Sadly it takes a special kind of (great) dealership to not pull a panel or hood to inspect work done.

As I've always said, nobody cares about your stuff more than you do.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
The March edition of Snowgoer magazine has a decent article about the issues snowmobile manufacturers had with getting sleds built.

Guy from Polaris said that each sled has about 2500 parts and what was and was not available was always changing.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Still waiting for my daughter's 850 pro 155 non slash. Polaris said March, well they have one more week to make that deadline not holding my breath.

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
I wonder if Polaris Corp plans on giving us poor guys that have not received our sleds yet any further discount as the season is over and the sleds are a year old or are they thinkin the 2 crappy stickers and $300 in Poo cash is good enough for missing a season and getting a sled that is a year old when the 23s show up in the fall ?

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I wonder if Polaris Corp plans on giving us poor guys that have not received our sleds yet any further discount as the season is over and the sleds are a year old or are they thinkin the 2 crappy stickers and $300 in Poo cash is good enough for missing a season and getting a sled that is a year old when the 23s show up in the fall ?
They allowed you to cancel and get your $500 back. Why didn't you cancel and order a 2023? That's what I did. If you didn't want to cancel, it locked you in on the lower 2022 price. Seemed like an OK deal to me. Perhaps you want them to make a couple of your mortgage payments and give you $3,200 for each child you have? Sorry Joe Biden doesn't run Polaris.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
For NA 850 sleds, the 23 snowchecks are ~$1,400 USD higher, with one less year of warranty. While sleds are the same with new colors, the 23s may have an updated fuel pump that you won't have to jack with under warranty. That's a guess. If you were gonna jump to a G5, 9R, different sled/track, it's time to cancel. Hanging with the 22 isn't the dumbest thing, either, if you're gonna order the same sled. Giveback values won't ever make up for losing a year on a new sled, provided the sled you would have gotten actually ran. Times up to snowcheck poo and doos, regardless.

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
I know i could have canceled but I have already waited a year didnt want to risk waiting again on Poo "good" word Chadly. Could buy a Cat but who knows whats going on there and the dealer sucks AZZ. Buy a Doo but that dealer is a slimmy piece of @#$%. By the way %^&@ Joe biden and I can make my mortgage payments just fine and i have no kids Dick. Just saying a 1 yr old sled on the dealer floor would be discounted so why shouldnt the guys that are still waiting get the discount ? No need to attack the way someone might or might not politically lean.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I know i could have canceled but I have already waited a year didnt want to risk waiting again on Poo "good" word Chadly. Could buy a Cat but who knows whats going on there and the dealer sucks AZZ. Buy a Doo but that dealer is a slimmy piece of @#$%. By the way %^&@ Joe biden and I can make my mortgage payments just fine and i have no kids Dick. Just saying a 1 yr old sled on the dealer floor would be discounted so why shouldnt the guys that are still waiting get the discount ? No need to attack the way someone might or might not politically lean.
The sled I canceled sold instantly when it showed up and we don't have any snow. ??‍♂️

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I wouldn't overthink it too much, yeah it sucks. Any direction you go your going to pay more and start your wait all over again. In a way no different the the early-mid 90's. If you wanted a new sled you spring check and hope the dealer doesn't fold before it comes in or just flat gets cancelled (Disappeared). I knew an AC dealer at the time would not sell someone a new one unless they had a trade they could sell. This year who knows. Maybe the groomer in charge is dumb enough to start a war or even trigger war time production. If that happens I highly doubt any of us will see 2023 sleds. I'd just sit on what you have coming, learning what changes guys are making to get them to perform better and who knows, maybe when you get it will have a lot of update you would have spent money on.
Someone buy it for their daughter?
Summer Water Skiing.

1648655182110.png

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
This is from a post on another website:

I have 37 MY22 Polaris sleds that still have not even shipped out. Scheduled to ship out 04/15-04/31. And those customer got an email from Polaris promising they would ship by Dec. 15th. Now they will be landing at our dealership in May, as long as they don't push them back again.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I got an email yesterday that the 850 Matryx 155 I checked shipped on April 7th. Dealership can sit on till next season. I ordered/bought an ATV instead.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I got an email yesterday that the 850 Matryx 155 I checked shipped on April 7th. Dealership can sit on till next season. I ordered/bought an ATV instead.
Share the details & location please. Perhaps someone here might be interested?

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Share the details & location please. Perhaps someone here might be interested?
Action Motor Sports in Idaho Falls, ID

Vehicle Info
Model Selected: S22TFK8RS 2022 850 PRO RMK MATRYX 155
SnowCheck Options:
Windshield:0117178MidSmokeWindshield
Tunnel:0118379Black Tunnel
Track:011842715X155X2.6Series6Trackw/QuickDrive
Rail and Shocks:0118486GlossBlackRail,WalkerEvansMonotube
Color:0118496GlossBlack/MatteTitanium
Convenience Package:0118532ManualStart-HighElevationClutching
Handlebar and Display:0118648Pro-TaperHandlebar-Mid,StdGauge

Last time I was there, there was an 850 Matryx Slash 165 on the floor for sale.

Last edited:
Premium Features