• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sticking high idle Silber turbo

derrickj

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2013
Wisconsin
I've got a '16 Axys 800 RMK with a Silber turbo that has started acting up at idle on me. The sled has about 1300 miles on it, 700 or so since the turbo went on it. On a cold start, it usually starts in 2 pulls, but needs a little blip of the throttle so that it doesn't die. It will idle fairly low, but once I blip it enough to go over 3200 RPM, the idle will not come back down below 3200 RPM unless I flip the kill switch off and then on quickly again. Other than the idle issue, the sled still seems to run flawless. Has anyone else seen this issue? Dealer checked TPS and said it checked out good. I have sprayed ether around the intake boots and PTO crank seal and did not get a change in RPM. Checked the throttle cable, and it does not appear to be hanging up (if it was hitting the kill switch quickly probably wouldn't bring the idle back down). Reeds maybe? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
Check the tps your self. There's some pretty good directions on the forum on how to do it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Interesting. If it were reeds, it would likely be difficult to start. A low idle is common with the Silber turbos, but going to a high idle is not. Does it idle high when the engine is warmed up and you've been running it a while?

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Everything stated in the OP posting points to a TPS that needs to be adjusted.. The dealer has parameters that the TPS will test OK for ( on the digital wrench) - but getting it closer to where it should be ( narrowing the parameters) will keep it from having the issues stated, especially the low idle ... Flickering headlamps on the 2016 was a sure sign of low idle issues, a low idle is not common with Silber Turbos- adjusting your TPS was always the culprit on that issues.

derrickj

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2013
Wisconsin
It does not seem to make a difference if it is warm or cold. It will idle high as long as I ride it until I shut it off and restart it. Or just flick the kill switch quick. Then it will go back to a low idle again until I flip the throttle and it goes over 3200.

Premium Features