• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

sticker question

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
I think if you are a resident of wy you are good to go. NE does not register snowmobiles so you have to buy a temp for sd. I would guess as long as you have a wy driver license you will be ok.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
SD honors other states snowmobile registrations. The non resident Wyoming permit is not a registration and is not valid for riding in SD. If you were a resident from Wyoming with the Wyoming resident sticker (registration) it would be good. Riding in SD with only a Wyoming non resident permit will land you a ticket. You will either need to license your snowmobile in your home state or buy the 5 day SD trail permit for $40.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
So is a snowmobile sticker not enough to be legal?:face-icon-small-dis

In your case Sheeban if your red 2014 Wyoming sticker says "resident" your good. If it says "non-resident" you are not good. Being a resident of WY your sled should be licensed as a WY resident. If not it should be easy for you to register it. To clarify one persons response they do register snowmobiles in Nebraska. I check Nebraska license all the time.

S

sheeban

Dec 12, 2010
Newcastle, Wy
Thank you that answers my question. I thought that was how it worked just know a guy from NE that had gotten cited and he was trying to tell me my wyo sticker was not enough.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
In your case Sheeban if your red 2014 Wyoming sticker says "resident" your good. If it says "non-resident" you are not good. Being a resident of WY your sled should be licensed as a WY resident. If not it should be easy for you to register it. To clarify one persons response they do register snowmobiles in Nebraska. I check Nebraska license all the time.

They must have changed that, I bought a sled from NE and the owner did not ever get a title for it back in 08. Maybe they are not titling them now, I always thought what would happen if someones sled was stolen. There would be no way to track it or prove it is yours. Thanks for clarifying D

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
I do not know if Nebraska titles snowmobiles but I do know they have a snowmobile registration. About 15 years ago they used to issue a metal license plate that was bolted to the flap. Not all states title snowmobiles.

moonshiner

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Yankton, SD
Nebraska does not title snowmobiles but they do have registration. Nice thing is if you buy a sled out of state there is no sales tax or other fees, just $17 for two year registration.

When you go to sell a sled to someone from a state that titles sleds, you sign the registration and give it to the new owner as proof of ownership, this allows you to get a title in your home state.

Premium Features