• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Steve Martin Backcountry Sowmobile's Ski Doo Freeride 850 Lightweight Build - Youtube Series

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
Not sure If this has been posted recently, but these two video's Steve did about a lightweight build are certainly worth watching if you haven't made yet! I guess if I want to stick with Ski Doo next year this is the route I'll have to take :ROFLMAO:

Ras74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 3, 2020
Definitely a good set up. I’ve been working on one as well just can’t bring my sled to pony up and buy the carbon skid. It’s still a 165 3” but Its gotta be a solid 30 pounds lighter than she started her life. I need to get it on a scale.
18d83c147beac12bbce2bd9fc711d2c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
Definitely a good set up. I’ve been working on one as well just can’t bring my sled to pony up and buy the carbon skid. It’s still a 165 3” but Its gotta be a solid 30 pounds lighter than she started her life. I need to get it on a scale.
18d83c147beac12bbce2bd9fc711d2c5.jpg

You should post a walkthrough/breakdown on it.

Ras74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 3, 2020
You should post a walkthrough/breakdown on it.

Yea I might have to make a video on it when I get it done. Right now it has a jaws can, jaws pipe, powder freaks head, SHR clutching, TKI belt drive, skinz tmotion delete, nextech torsion bar delete with fox air shocks, I have fox QS3’s on the way for the front, mxz race hood swap, zrp lift spindles, tunnel has been cut and welded 7”, bm fabrication front, rear bumper, and skinny boards, I have some attack skis to put on it, 3” riser and 2” bars, post forward kit, gnr alignment some vents in both side panels and I have ripped all the foam out of it.

Premium Features