• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stay The Hell Off Of The Lakes!

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
No not mad. I did say please. Every year someone drowns around here. Drowning is the number one cause of snowmobile fatality's. Some idiot just rode around one of our locked gates to get on to very unsafe ice. Turned around about 50' out. Got stuck in the slush. Open water 100' from there. I don't want to read about someones Christmas turning out in disaster. New years is coming. We all know what can happen then. Stay safe!!!

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Someone went around your locked gate that was supposed to be protecting the not so swift segment of the population from themselves and a sure, slow and cold death.
I share your displeasure.
3 major common sense factors that were ignored 1. Locked gate
2. Open water 150' from shore 3. Lake Ice reports on the flat lands are similar to avy reports in the mountains. Ice reports ignored.
Snowmow be correct. Can't fix stupid.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
With the recent snow now, many of the lakes look inviting. Just don't be fooled. I hate to sound like an alarmist but I have a bad feeling. I have lived here all my life and I can't remember it being quite like this. Kanedog is correct! Warning are some times ignored. If I got even one persons attention here? I am okay with that. Be smart. Be safe. Lets make it a Happy New Year!:face-icon-small-hap

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
With the recent snow now, many of the lakes look inviting. Just don't be fooled. I hate to sound like an alarmist but I have a bad feeling. I have lived here all my life and I can't remember it being quite like this. Kanedog is correct! Warning are some times ignored. If I got even one persons attention here? I am okay with that. Be smart. Be safe. Lets make it a Happy New Year!:face-icon-small-hap

I think it would be pretty funny to
Watch a few skidoos sink! As long as the riders aren't under the ice.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Watch the hell out for them swamp people and dem gators!!
bdbf178e7454a515aff69d42db9c1e71.jpg
ad8abfa60fcf90c99aca3ee71b80946a.jpg

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
They were lucky. A week ago there was open water here on several lakes. Now many are covered with white snow. With I am guessing just a few inches of ice and looking pretty, people are going to chance it. I have already seen it. News years eve I hope will be a safe one. Stay off. $.02:clock:

Premium Features