Stator failure??

Krause09

Premium Member
Feb 1, 2016
Washington
I just attempted to install timing key and sled won’t start, so I removed flywheel again to investigate maybe I did something wrong then noticed one of the winding got nicked during install. Would this cause sled to not run? Haven’t checked spark, but I reinstalled stock key and still wouldn’t fire. 2018 mountain cat

Attachments

mja

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2011
Its been years ago but I did that on Ski-Doo removing the stator to rebuild the motor. I used too long of a bolt and did similar damage.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Anybody have any real feedback on the timing key with the ctec 800? I just googled and haven't found any info on it other than the older suzuki engines, I know the idea behind it but whether it truly makes a different to the ctec 800 or not since they are fairly computerized now.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I did a 2.0 key and it makes it just a bit more crisp, it is noticeable and a freebee for 20 bucks. as said above you only put the bolts into the fly wheel 5 full turns by hand or your can run it into the coils. you do need a different puller for the ctec fly easy to build one for 20 bucks too.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I did a 2.0 key and it makes it just a bit more crisp, it is noticeable and a freebee for 20 bucks. as said above you only put the bolts into the fly wheel 5 full turns by hand or your can run it into the coils. you do need a different puller for the ctec fly easy to build one for 20 bucks too.
No high idle issue enhanced beyond that of the factory tuning we all deal with stock? I had read about somebody who had that from the key on the ctec, what elevation you ride and still only 91 pump?

Krause09

Premium Member
Feb 1, 2016
Washington
Update.... installed new stator and the 2.5*offset timing key , fired right up!:) looking forward to the season! Cost me 300$ so in hind sight I shoulda just bought the bmp pipe for 500$:( be extra careful with the stator and it woulda been worth the 16$... I think ?

Premium Features