• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

States Rights: take the power back

H

HardcoreAK

Nov 3, 2001
North Road
I just hopped over from the pirate board to check and see if the SW community was watching this deal going down in Utah....???

Here is the FB page/driving force behind the letter:
https://www.facebook.com/GreaterCanyonlands

Here is the link for who the people are behind the FB page:
Protect Greater Canyonlands | Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance

Here is the bio for SUWA: (about SUWA)
About SUWA | Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance

"Since 1983, SUWA has been the only independent organization working full-time to defend America’s redrock wilderness from oil and gas development, unnecessary road construction, rampant off-road vehicle use, and other threats to Utah’s wilderness-quality lands. We are a qualified non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the federal tax code.

"

Next to the above link it says "About Wilderness":
About Wilderness | Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance

This is where I found:

"The Wilderness Act also prohibits use of motorized vehicles in wilderness except under emergency circumstances. This means that chain saws, trucks, cars, bulldozers, off-road vehicles, helicopters, and other motorized equipment cannot be used within wilderness areas. Mountain bikes are not permitted in wilderness areas."

The PDF Petition also states:

"Basically any activity that disturbs the soil crust and vegetation in the desert causes dust," Deems said. "When we go out and disturb it — whether by drilling, plowing, driving, cow's hooves, mountain bikes or feet — then all of the sudden the dust is ready to be blown away by the next wind storm"

>>>>>>>>>>>>

I would be happy to see some "fired up" people after such a lame reckoning of elections. I was thinking everybody was fired up before the election, but gaging the voter turnout I guess I am sadly mistaken.

In essence of all the seccession petitions filed from all 50 states, and the fact that the reigning dictator in DC has pretty much untouchable power when it comes to these issues....(executive order)

Lets pray he stays preoccupied with higher priorities like the middle east going ape crazy, and smearing our decorated military by exposing so called sex scandals... that don't actually destroy our military and intelligence in the process....

The BIG picture here, is that WE all need to PUSH and PUSH HARD for the sovereignty of "states rights".

(((((....Greater Canyonlands is endangered. Federal land use
plans...))))..... MOAB UTAH

WHAT federal plan????

(((....Now, the state of Utah is
demanding that the federal government turn over 30 million acres of federal land for potential development
and/or privatization and is asserting the right to expand and pave 40,000 miles of dirt routes and trails that crisscross
Utah’s federally-owned wildlands..... ))

This is the State of Utah's issue, not BHO's issue to approve. I'm going to sign on and SUPPORT the state of Utah in their request! We OHV people need to band together. We need to make that argument clear. The states should be the ONLY power in control of THEIR Lands.

Write your local and state constituents! Tell them we MUST limit the power of these federal agencies. If we can't, just find ways to limit the power or at a minimum BOG DOWN these extreme leftist special interest organizations with the VERY thing that they wield as a weapon, "paperwork and regulation" fight fire with fire.

Make it impossible for them to operate without jumping through firey hoops and chasing ends of rainbows. How about a minimum of a "comprehensive environmental analysis" MUST be completed following about a 7000 page format before they can restrict useage of any land for any reason....????

Why can THEY just have massive property's locked up by the stroke of a pen? Thats crazy! Executive Orders need to dissappear. They serve NO PURPOSE that benefits our country and the current administration is writing them out like dumb and dumber's suitcase full of IOU'$ That's waayy too much power for one man and an ill agenda. Cheers?

The way I see it, they MUST prove the validity of their claims, the effectiveness of their plan.... just like all the mining permit requests, or even oil company's who want to go drill a well on property they already paid millions of "lease" dollars to "explore"...?? They have to provide some "comprehensive plan" and it has to be available, to go through a public "review" hearing in respective local courts before anything gets approved.

All of the states joining into a union was a concept that served its purpose of the greater good. In the later years of the 1900's IMHO only led to big government agencies, a collossal government land grab, and bloated blanket environmental policies that are no longer necessary nor are they viable, let alone affordable in the current state of the world. Its obvious that NOT all of us want things to go the way of the masses!

Voting with our dollars is a powerful form of communication but not as effective as directly writing letters to these companies, its obvious that the leftists that wrote some of these companies "into" their plot have cheated and lied as they drafted the letters, just like the majority of leftists do. In the chit chat forum thread, ( not sure how to link a thread...sorry) there's some replys posted from companies such as Red Wing saying they have contacted / requested they immediately remove their brand association from this effort....

This is the ONLY way to gain any form of control on what happens to our backcountry access. What the heck right does any "national" or "fed" organization have on what happens in ANY state?

They don't.

An often heard comment "As long as its what the majority wants" I don't give a crap what the majority of this "country" wants. Especially when we are talking about a local matter. Majority from the locals who live there? Hell yeah they deserve the voice. Tis their back yard.

Thanks for listening. :beer:

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Premium Features