• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stark varg snowbike

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
This could make a seriously killer snow bike if it had any range, which it doesn’t. The 80hp and 242 ftlb of torque would rip!! Another site says it’s only 203 ftlb torque, still more than any sled on the market.
Local slc bike dealer just got them. Maybe an extra battery pack?

313416D4-B0A5-4407-A70E-697D307F6CCC.png

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Have you actually put eyes on one?

If there was one for sale at a dealer I probably would have to take it home with me.

I’m having a blast running mtn bike trails with my modified Sur ron.

Electric torque is so nice.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
This could make a seriously killer snow bike if it had any range, which it doesn’t. The 80hp and 242 ftlb of torque would rip!! Another site says it’s only 203 ftlb torque, still more than any sled on the market.
Local slc bike dealer just got them. Maybe an extra battery pack?
Which shop? Mine isn’t supposed to arrive until next April. I ordered a bit late. As far as range- im hoping switching between maps will help out. .

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
The Edge Powersports in Salt Lake City had them up on their website. Will go in after work today and see if they actually have any at the shop. Even if they have some, probably all presold

Last edited:

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
The way the battery is built on these it is very integrated into the bike. One of the reasons they were able to get the weight down. So I don't think a hot swap battery pack is feasible yet. Dealer here isn't getting any for a while. Media just got to do limited rides on pre-production units over in Europe. One commented that some of the bodywork was 3D printed still.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
The way the battery is built on these it is very integrated into the bike. One of the reasons they were able to get the weight down. So I don't think a hot swap battery pack is feasible yet. Dealer here isn't getting any for a while. Media just got to do limited rides on pre-production units over in Europe. One commented that some of the bodywork was 3D printed still.
Ya. That’s what I’m thinking. Media just rode those bikes a couple weeks ago and there were only five pre-production of the 60 hp version. Didn’t even have the 80 hp version available to ride yet.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
The Edge Powersports in Salt Lake City had them up on their website. Will go in after work today and see if they actually have any at the shop. Even if they have some, probably all presold
Let us know if you get a chance to stop by.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I was told that Varg is sending them a couple “show room” demo bikes in September and they will have on hand for a day or two. These bikes will be passed around from dealer to dealer for customers to come in a see the bike, not demo ride bikes. Sometime around Christmas they are supposed to get 2 demo bikes which they (the dealer) will use to let people ride. Production bikes are a year out. That’s what they are being told. How it really shakes out, who the hell knows with the current supply chain issues. I did reserve one, for a $100 deposit, why not.

Last edited:

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
I was told that Varg is sending them a couple “show room” demo bikes they will have on hand for a day or two. These bikes will be passed around from dealer to dealer for customers to come in a see the bike, not demo ride bikes. Sometime around Christmas they are supposed to get 2 demo bikes which they (the dealer) will use to let people ride. Production bikes are a year out. That’s what they are being told. How it really shakes out, who the hell knows with the current supply chain issues. I did reserve one, for a $100 deposit, why not.
Awesome. Thanks! That’s about what I figured. Can’t wait to see one in person. Ya…100 bucks was kinda a no brainer. If i don’t have 14 g’s in the rabbit hole after a year then I’m only out 100 bucks.

Premium Features