• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SSI pipe MOD??

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Bikeman sold these and I was always tempted by the advertised gain without it being not stock appearing.

Someone on here has to have cut one apart to see what a "MOD" is.

I shortened a few head pipes in my past and made a little RPM gain but that's about it.

So anyone know what's in there ??

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Snake oil.

Gives you a peaky powerband and looks good on an “adjusted” dyno.

Holds a little heat in the engine to accommodate stereotypically “rich” fuel mapping.

(Similar to a tight stinger silencer)

If it was really that easy to get good results wouldn’t everyone do it?
SLP, JAWS, SPI, Carl’s cycle, OEM, Indy specialty?

Last edited:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Snake oil.

Gives you a peaky powerband and looks good on an “adjusted” dyno.

Holds a little heat in the engine to accommodate stereotypically “rich” fuel mapping.

(Similar to a tight stinger silencer)

If it was really that easy to get good results wouldn’t everyone do it?
SLP, JAWS, SPI, Carl’s cycle, OEM, Indy specialty?

No reason for any of those companies to do a pipe mod. It’s a lot of work for little financial gain. Make a lot more money just making a pipes, which is what they do. The OEM doesn’t do it because they are more concerned about reliability than they are a couple extra hp.

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
A lot of times a pipe is cut and shortened to increase RPM or lengthened to raise rpm , has anyone checked " a mod pipe"

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
This isn't apples to oranges or anything remotely close but I had an old 03 F7 with bmp pipe mod back in the day and it absolutely increased the mid range pull. I have zero experience with it on anything newer than that 03 though so beats me if it's legit on the 850 or not.

Premium Features