• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SSI clutch kit hot clutches

N
Mar 8, 2018
Sweden
Have installed a ssi clutch kit and an ssi ypipe but cant get the clutches cool, currently running 2-3-3-3 in the weights as per the spredsheet that came with the kit. Now i am running at 1000-3000ft but still feels quite heavy with 82,3g since stock is 72g, rpm seems good but clutches is crazy hot, i have speedwerx vents installed.

So my question is what are you guys running? Anyone running the same setup with better luck? Thinking of trying stock setup with 74 or 76g weights

N
Nov 14, 2012
I have the same set up, same elelation. Custom helix tho from altitude Powersports in Edmonton.
I run my weights 3211 right now. I did have 3222 but I wasn't reving. This is on a 2020

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
in addition to what skidooboy said. check which clutch is hotter. if secondary then your pulling the belt thru the secondary. stiffer spring or shallower helix will help. if the primary is hotter your secondary is clamping to hard. add weight to the primary. softer spring in the primary or softer in the secondary or steeper helix will all help that problem. if they are the same then i am not sure lol. thats beyond my expertise.

N
Mar 8, 2018
Sweden
Seem too have found a better working setup all around, running stock 120-265 primary spring and 2-3-2-1 in the weights!

On a second note, is it really only supposed to pull 7900 with the ypipe?

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Have installed a ssi clutch kit and an ssi ypipe but cant get the clutches cool, currently running 2-3-3-3 in the weights as per the spredsheet that came with the kit. Now i am running at 1000-3000ft but still feels quite heavy with 82,3g since stock is 72g, rpm seems good but clutches is crazy hot, i have speedwerx vents installed.

So my question is what are you guys running? Anyone running the same setup with better luck? Thinking of trying stock setup with 74 or 76g weights
Are you running the stock belt? Usually the clutches don't get very hot on the with the Team clutches.

If it's getting hot you need to deglaze the sheave surface of the clutches. I like to use a finer sandpaper on them, 150 grit works well. Emory cloth works, but not as good as a sandpaper.

Also, remove the drive clutch spring and make sure the clutch moves freely in and out, it's rare, but make sure the bushings are binding on the shafts.

Feel free to give us a ring 507-263-2244 or email sales@speedshopinc.com

Premium Features