• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spindle Chat...

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
The website might need some work. Typically errors are corrected over time. The rubbers are not the same, if you read through this thread you would already know that to be true. We have not seen a rubber like the one in the kit ever before.

I'm with ZRP maybe this spindle was initially designed for the expert and used on the backcountry first or the website just has an error.

I'm not stating opinion.. Just facts as I see them. I know the part numbers are wrong.. The renegade has a "crow foot" spindle, no where near the same as the backcountry spindle.. and yet they show the same part number on the ski-doo website.

A
Jan 4, 2015
Canada
I think you're reading way too much into that angle. That is not a functional surface. Unless they changed the angle of the hole through that lug there is no functional difference between the two spindles.

Look at the picture of the Expert in post #76. There's a ball joint on the A-arm just above this surface. Only if they changed the angle of the hole would the relative location of the spindle to the A-arm be changed. They would have to change the angle a LOT to make any sort of handling difference.

Conclusion - as has been stated over and over, the spindle geometry is the same.

Wow ! The guy takes time to take measurement and pictures and then you still argue that the are the same ?

I compared them side to side mysel toof, and no, it is not the same. Look at the tie rod position too, compared to the ball joint and ski pivot axis. There is some changes there.

Do you really think the factory would bother creating a part number and stocking parts for 10 YEARS (it's a law to keep spare parts available for 10 years) and create "the same" ? Think again.

S
Feb 24, 2016
WA
Wow ! The guy takes time to take measurement and pictures and then you still argue that the are the same ?

I compared them side to side mysel toof, and no, it is not the same. Look at the tie rod position too, compared to the ball joint and ski pivot axis. There is some changes there.

Do you really think the factory would bother creating a part number and stocking parts for 10 YEARS (it's a law to keep spare parts available for 10 years) and create "the same" ? Think again.

Taking the time to measure a non-functional surface doesn't mean squat. Sorry to burst that bubble. Also, how do you know his used spindle isn't tweaked?

And do you really think a guy like Norana with a direct line to BRP is trying to pull the wool over your eyes when he says the geometry is the same? Why would he do that? I'm curious to hear your tin-foil hat theory on that.

I've got a pair of the spindles in my hand and soon to be installed on my sled (i.e., first hand knowledge) and there is definitely no geometry difference.

Please let it snow so... this thread is getting so old.

Premium Features